And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Yeah, Poor Things is on our list.

Darth Wagtaros

I was hoping Barbie would be a Pleasantville type dealio.  Was disappointed.

It wasn't a bad movie, I guess I was just hoping for something differenent.
PDH!

Savonarola

En attendant Godzilla Godzilla Minus One (2023)

Very nearly a Godzilla film without Godzilla (take that Samuel Beckett :P ).  This is a period piece set immediately after the Second World War which focuses much more on the human cost of war and devastation by giant monsters.  It pays homage to many of the classic Toho era Godzilla movies; but it's definitely a different sort of movie as Godzilla is only on the screen for about ten minutes.

Wacky Japanese scientist was my favorite character; more films need that trope.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Jonathon Majors convicted of assault and harassment. Time to pivot the MCU.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

They should recast the role with Terrence Howard.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2023, 03:57:22 AMThe scenario looks a bit ridiculous (Texas and California alliance? :D). But it's Alex Garland, I've got season tickets for anything he does and I'm sure everything will make sense somehow (or that it won't matter that it doesn't).
A map :lol:

So it looks like California and Texas are both going as separate republics so in an alliance on that from rather than going together? :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

HVC

Man you know your faction sucks when it's led by Florida.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on December 19, 2023, 10:55:35 AMThey should recast the role with Terrence Howard.

He beats women too. Denzel?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

grumbler

Have we not covered the Fallout series trailer yet?

It actually looks surprisingly decent.  So far set for just one season of 8 episodes, but I hope that, if they do more seasons, they are set in new locales with new characters.  Maybe even one or more set in, say, London or Barcelona.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

The nuclear strike effects are unrealistic...the shock waves would have rubbled most of the surrounding buildings well before the mushroom clouds reached that level of bloom.  :mad:

But...from the makers/studio of the The Boys?  So we can expect an overabundance of nihilism mixed with smugness.  At least the setting is a better fit for that.

HVC

Guess it has two different timelines. We see cowboy pre mutant days. Or a lot of flashbacks.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 20, 2023, 11:32:41 PMThe nuclear strike effects are unrealistic...the shock waves would have rubbled most of the surrounding buildings well before the mushroom clouds reached that level of bloom.  :mad:

But...from the makers/studio of the The Boys? 

Best part was when it said it was from the studio that brought you The Boys - and Two Day Delivery...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Cool, thanks Grumbler . I didn't know this was coming.

Tonitrus

There was also the trailer for the recent entry in the "shouldn't they all be retired?" sequel department.  :P