News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Viking on January 31, 2010, 02:05:47 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2010, 12:43:25 PM
Quote from: ulmont on January 31, 2010, 12:42:31 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on January 31, 2010, 12:40:39 PM
Well we now need a sub or a new ottomon player  :wacko:

That was fast.

Slargos can't handle getting gangbanged apparently.

Tell me more.... any shemales with strapons?

Sorry no such soridid details.

His OE stretched from Bosnia to India, so after diplomacy from Habbuku (Spain) who was able to collect a Coalition of France(tamas), Austria (Solymr) and Milan(myself) we declared war.
Slargos's troops were winning most everywhere he went as Austria was only one who could really go against him.
But his problem was between Spain and I we had a blockade of all his ports in Med and Black sea, cutting off his troops in Greece and Balkans (though he still had some 50k plus there)

His War Capacity was about 40% and his WE at 11% so he agreed to terms of alliance's deal which were
He release Balkan minors to independence. Austrian demands
Alexandria to France
Judea and Beirut to Spain
Aleppo and Damascus to Milan
He peaced out with Austria and France and then reneged on agreements with Spain and I under the guise of we had broken pact by attacking the Greek provinces after the agreement had been made. (which wasn't the case, as I was crushed by his troops in Beirut and Spain pulled out his men in Judea to assist Austria who asked for help and so Spain and I had sieged most of Greece before he agreed to terms.. I sent my 2nd force to Albania instead of letting it get chewed up by his forces in ME. Tamas took Alexandria only because he had 40k men vs 14k Turks and still barely won.)

He then ragequit the game.

:lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 31, 2010, 02:13:54 PM
What time do you guys start?
we go from 7:30am to 11am your time sundays.

katmai

And you can see the map of how big OE still is. 1st is map at beginning of session, 2nd is how we ended with OE still holding onto the areas in ME he agreed to give up to Spain and I.

Barrister

katmai

Barrister

You're loco to be getting up that early to play a computer game.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 31, 2010, 02:27:58 PM
You're loco to be getting up that early to play a computer game.

Well it seems if we don't get an OE i won't be getting up this early!

:P

Viking

Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2010, 02:17:32 PM

His War Capacity was about 40% and his WE at 11% so he agreed to terms of alliance's deal which were
He release Balkan minors to independence. Austrian demands
Alexandria to France
Judea and Beirut to Spain
Aleppo and Damascus to Milan
He peaced out with Austria and France and then reneged on agreements with Spain and I under the guise of we had broken pact by attacking the Greek provinces after the agreement had been made. (which wasn't the case, as I was crushed by his troops in Beirut and Spain pulled out his men in Judea to assist Austria who asked for help and so Spain and I had sieged most of Greece before he agreed to terms.. I sent my 2nd force to Albania instead of letting it get chewed up by his forces in ME. Tamas took Alexandria only because he had 40k men vs 14k Turks and still barely won.)

He then ragequit the game.

:lol:

The Cordon Sanitaire in the Balkans makes sense and it will probably be good for both Slargos and Solmyr. But handing out Syrian and Egyptian provinces to Occidental powers is just asking for trouble. A never ending stream of wars with Latin powers can't be good for Slargos. Even worse for the Latins in any armies they send out there...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

I'm not going to apologize for quitting a game where you assemble a coalition that doesn't even break sweat taking me down. What's the fucking point?

I should've known better than to participate in a Languish game.

Won't make that mistake again.

For the record, Tamas may be the most insipid EU player I have ever had the great misfortune to play with, and I've had to deal with some real stinkers.

Honestly, Spain and Austria were by far enough to take me apart, and I would've accepted that and moved on, but when I saw Milan and France join in the frenzy aswell, it just removes the fun for me, and if I'm not having a good time I'm not going to set aside time for it.

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on January 31, 2010, 02:59:10 PM
I'm not going to apologize for quitting a game where you assemble a coalition that doesn't even break sweat taking me down. What's the fucking point?

I should've known better than to participate in a Languish game.

Won't make that mistake again.

For the record, Tamas may be the most insipid EU player I have ever had the great misfortune to play with, and I've had to deal with some real stinkers.

Oh yeah. Sure.

I get a VERY tempting offer from Spain to join a coalition already containing Spain Milan And Austria, offering me reign over Europe, which would be my 4th CoT apart from some pretty nice provinces. Having everything out of colonization range, and no meaningful CB or strength advantage over my neighobrs, it sure as hell was something to consider strongly.

Then I get an offer from you, which is along the lines of "CHOOSE YOUR SIDE I DEMAND YOU!!!" Not being quite enthusiastic about pwning the Ottomans, I make you an offer to give me what (you did not know that for sure at that time) I could easily take by force by agreeing to join the coalition. In return, I offered every support I was able to give without guaranteeing my own destruction.

You react by being totally pissed and not willing to negotiate. You continue that stance up until the very beginning of today's session.

You really did not oversee the European situation correctly if you really expected me to jump on the neck of the combined power of all my major allies at once. And what I was offered in exchange of that massive and suicidal undertaking? Nothing, except the hope of not upsetting you any more.

Tamas

Also to reflect on your last point: At the start of this game, I was mightly pwned by all my (AI) neighbors. Ever since that first session I have 7 times as much inflation as anyone else, and by the time I managed to unite my own country I am sourrounded by other player powers. Did I complain? Did I throw a hissy fit? No.

Plus what the hell is this about ruined fun? We all can see the world map FFS you still rule Asia and the middle east.
Do you really believe this coalition was a long-term effort to destroy the game for you? Do you really think I am stupid enough to actively help in a century long effort to destroy you? I basically gave away my target provinces accepting all the risks that might imply, in a hope that we can reach an agreement.  But no, it was way below you to face reality.

Slargos

I'm not going to argue with you Tamas. I'm sure in your warped sense of what constitutes a good game of EU, your actions were rational and sensible.

The kind of game you're setting up for simply doesn't interest me.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen France, Austria, Italy and Spain allied for a single purpose. From that point of view, it's pretty funny, really. Fucked up, but funny.

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on January 31, 2010, 03:15:56 PM
I'm not going to argue with you Tamas. I'm sure in your warped sense of what constitutes a good game of EU, your actions were rational and sensible.

:huh:

Yeah, my aim is to build the strongest world power over time within the EU3 mechanics with the added difficulty, flavor, and fun of other majors being ran by humans.

Your ultimate goal indeed seem to be PvP, while that is just a means to an end for me. On this we surely disagree and these are merely personal tastes.

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on January 31, 2010, 03:18:36 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 31, 2010, 03:15:56 PM

:huh:

Yeah, my aim is to build the strongest world power over time within the EU3 mechanics with the added difficulty, flavor, and fun of other majors being ran by humans.

Your ultimate goal indeed seem to be PvP, while that is just a means to an end for me. On this we surely disagree and these are merely personal tastes.

I understand.

That is actually very helpful. Instead of considering you a complete idiot, I can simply conclude that the kind of game play you're after is something diametrically opposed to what I am after, and enjoy the wisdom of my decision.