And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on February 01, 2010, 07:40:14 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 01, 2010, 07:36:23 AM
I'm no EU3 master but I don't understand what Slargos problem is. Is it really just being gang raped? Would Spain & Austria had been ok?

the last time he was attacked by Austria ALONE while he was focused on the east resulted in massive rape of Slargos. So I hope the non-Slargos population here understands my concerns when I faced an italy-spain-germany coalition in case of helping him out. For free.

:lol:

80% of my troops at that point were in Asia, he had a 2-1 manpower and troop advantage and I had just come out of a major war. It wasn't even a fight.

Solmyr can attest to the fact that I wanted a heads up fight with him last session, and I made it clear that if anyone else joined in I would immediately break off.

I don't enjoy gang rape games, it's that simple.

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on February 01, 2010, 07:32:43 AM
Quote from: Slargos on February 01, 2010, 07:12:43 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 05:42:31 AM
Quote from: Vricklund on February 01, 2010, 05:40:07 AM
I predict next gang rape victim to be: France. :frog:

War with Spain, Austria and Genoa while fighting off the OE in Alexandria.

That is what makes Slargos look like such an assmonkey, is that we still  have 300+ years to go and he was going to have chances of payback against us all at one time or another.

But NOOOOOOOOO!

Dude. The losses were minimal. OE can live without Alexandria, and certainly without a few poor balkan provinces. The guy who takes over OE is positioned to take Delhi and make my planned capital move there, and after heading into India will sit prettily. That's not the fucking point.

I quit because I have no intention of playing a game where France (of all fucking people mr "I am king maker and will sell my services to the highest bidder" IDIOT) and Italy ally with Spain and Austria to go after OE.

Dude WTF? At one hand you are calling me names becaus I, according to you, sealed your fate by joining the other side, then on the other hand you are calling me names because I asked for a price which fitted that very significance you attributed to the whole affair.

Again: you expected me to burn myself for you just because I was France and in your world of equal factions PvP EU3ing that's what I was supposed to do. Thats all you ever offered me. The privilege of playing my own role in your grand plans.

In a sense you are correct. I made my decision to quit when I noticed that Katmai was taking active part in the attack (which he'd claimed wouldn't happen, but that is not really the issue) and you had joined in aswell. The war was lost to Spanish naval superiority, nothing else. The war would have ended up the same way without your pathetic efforts.

A game where France, Spain, Austria, England and Italy spend the first 100 years allied is fucked up, there is no other way to describe it.

Your PVP analogy is good. You want a game of cooperative PVE, I am only interested in EU MP in so far as it is a game of competition between players.

Slargos

I'm no EU3 master but I don't understand what Slargos problem is. Is it really just being gang raped? Would Spain & Austria had been ok?

Yes. I fully expected to be attacked by Spain and Austria coming into this session, and I fully expected to lose. I've stated this point several times now so how it could be obscure is beyond me.

This kind of behaviour is why most campaigns on the EU forum have rules against forming these massive alliances, but I wrongly assumed such rules were not necessary since I generally optimistically believe that people like Tamas will understand that by aligning with their natural enemies they are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Berkut

So if this grand alliance is so deadly to you, why did you let it happen?

Honest question - I don't relaly play EU3, but I do play plenty of MP games. If it is so terrible to have everyone come after you, why didn't you make sure that was not possible, either by buying someone off (like Tamas) or not painting yourself as such a huge target to being with?

Also, people who are even remotely familiar with Languish MP games really should know you should never, ever, EVER trust Habs. Ever.

The only time....no, not even then, actually. Never.

NEVERNEVERNEVER.

Just saying. Don't.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on February 01, 2010, 08:18:51 AM

In a sense you are correct. I made my decision to quit when I noticed that Katmai was taking active part in the attack (which he'd claimed wouldn't happen, but that is not really the issue)

I never made such claims. :lol:

the more you post the more bs you spout. for your own sake you best stop now.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on February 01, 2010, 08:30:39 AM

Also, people who are even remotely familiar with Languish MP games really should know you should never, ever, EVER trust Habs. Ever.

NEVERNEVERNEVER.

Just saying. Don't.

He says the same about you.

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 08:35:00 AM

NEVERNEVERNEVER.

Just saying. Don't.

He says the same about you.

Key difference being that he lies, and I mostly do not.

Mostly.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

My faction PvP analogy seems to be good on your take of the game but PvE is very bad on mine. You see the fine point of a game like EU3 is that there are many areas of PvP conflict.

When I decided to hand Picardy over to England for his help against burgundy, that was me losing a fight, in a way. When I grabbed Antwerp from the noses of Austria and England that was a little victory for me. The -in his mind- careful advance of Austria is a long match with every german minor vassalized or annexed a little victory for Solmyr, against us, not against the AI.
When you chased me into a deal with my "natural enemies" that was a clear loss for you. Wether me and Habs will continue to grow together, competing by grabbing other stuff or we we will go to war eventually, is an ongoing "PvP match" and eventualy will be decided by who stands stronger at the end of the game, and is influenced by the actions of others at least as much as our own.

Grey Fox

So if this grand alliance is so deadly to you, why did you let it happen?

Honest question - I don't relaly play EU3, but I do play plenty of MP games. If it is so terrible to have everyone come after you, why didn't you make sure that was not possible, either by buying someone off (like Tamas) or not painting yourself as such a huge target to being with?

NEVERNEVERNEVER.

Just saying. Don't.

Hell, even I know that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on February 01, 2010, 08:21:49 AM

Yes. I fully expected to be attacked by Spain and Austria coming into this session, and I fully expected to lose. I've stated this point several times now so how it could be obscure is beyond me.

This kind of behaviour is why most campaigns on the EU forum have rules against forming these massive alliances, but I wrongly assumed such rules were not necessary since I generally optimistically believe that people like Tamas will understand that by aligning with their natural enemies they are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Your biggest failing is thinking such alliances are static.
And as Berkie said your diplomacy sucked if we are to believe Tamas.
I never gave you any assurances that I wouldn't go to war against you and you never asked for any.
But if you hadn't ended up being the bitch you could have gotten payback in sessions down the line.
So in the end, thanks for showing how you'd act now instead of later.

Tamas

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on January 31, 2010, 04:44:09 PM
LOL note to self: never play Diplomacy with Slarg.

Backstabbing fucker. I just wish I had stabbed him first.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: Slargos on January 31, 2010, 09:39:15 PM
A coalition war where he would've been supported by Spain, and an army that would be about evenly matched with our combined forces? Yeah, the situations are completely analogous.  :lol:

Your army alone was equal to mine in size, and with far better leaders.

Solmyr

Quote from: Slargos on February 01, 2010, 07:12:43 AM
I quit because I have no intention of playing a game where France (of all fucking people mr "I am king maker and will sell my services to the highest bidder" IDIOT) and Italy ally with Spain and Austria to go after OE.

With your kind of infamy grabbing the same thing would have happened in SP. :P

Solmyr

Slargos failed at diplomacy, pure and simple. Diplomacy is essential for countries that cannot simply dig in on the outskirts, like England and Spain. While OE isn't in a very central position, it's going to be a likely target for western Christians if it expands too aggressively. It doesn't help if you piss off Austria enough that they join the mega-war against you; I'm not touting my own horn here, but I was still uncertain about joining the whole crusade thing right up to the point where Slargos basically said he wants to fight me no matter what.