News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on January 25, 2010, 06:07:36 PM
:lol: While they are sure to buy your pleas of helplessness while you devour all Persia, Afghanistan, Baluchistan, the Caucasus, India...Not that those areas will improve your economy, oh, no!  You're doing it solely to help the poor brown pipple that live there.

What have the Ottomans ever done for us?

What? You mean besides the roads, post offices, indoor plumbing, laws, medicine...

Yeah, well. Besides that. What have the Ottomans ever done for us?[/]

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on January 25, 2010, 06:07:36 PM
:lol: While they are sure to buy your pleas of helplessness while you devour all Persia, Afghanistan, Baluchistan, the Caucasus, India...Not that those areas will improve your economy, oh, no!  You're doing it solely to help the poor brown pipple that live there.

It's interesting though, that you should mention all the impoverished provinces that will be a drain on my economy and tech speed for about 200 years before they turn profitable. Conquered so that I might secure the manpower to keep Austria honest.  :lol:

All the while conveniently forgetting all the gold you've looted from Incan and Aztec coffers.

I'm sure no one will notice that, however. You're probably going to get away with it.

Alcibiades

Am I the only one not up to something?   :glare:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 25, 2010, 09:59:52 PM

Nope, I have it on good authority that Kleves is doing absolutely nothing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Don't worry. I'm not up to anything either. I won't be touching a player nation the entire game, because I want to solidify my position for the war that may or may not come in 1813.

My overarching goal is to conquer as many AI nations as possible, for the fear of maybe losing a war against a player.

I really wouldn't want that.

This is, after all, just a communal single player game.

katmai

Be careful what you wish for Slargy, ya might just get it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Vricklund

The eternal MP problem. Either you have players who will gang rape your country and leave you playing a 2 province minor for the rest of the game. Or. You have the sensible players, that will not wage war because it distracts from hyperteching. It's difficult to strike a balance between the two.

That being said I'd rather play the sensible player. :)

Playing the OE was fun in eu2 because you (read I) had no chance of keeping up in trade and infra. The solution was to make the OE a stable, high morale, manpower rich, war machine and just be a general pain in the butt to the others. Looking back I wish I had played more latin nations in the same way.

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on January 25, 2010, 05:27:47 PM
Speaking of fault, has anyone realized that the Turks have expanded to the very border of India?  Will any steps whatsoever be taken to deter them from such extravagant expansion this next session, or will the great powers sit idly by while the subcontinent becomes dominated by a new Caliphate?

Spain is more than willing to throw her power behind a suitable coalition aimed at freeing the Balkan states from the Turkish yoke and perhaps liberating the Holy Land in addition.

Sorry, everyone is too busy ranting about Austrian consolidation of just Germany, that's clearly way more important than the Turks taking over all of Asia.

Solmyr

Other than blobbifying Russia? :P

Don't think you haven't been noticed. ;)

Slargos

Hear ye, hear ye.

Wracked with rebellion and mutinous armies, the wise and benevolent Padisha Bayezid II has declared that further incursions into the Indian subcontinent will be suspended indefinitely. The overextended and stumbling Ottoman Empire can handle no more territorial expansion into the far east.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Solmyr on January 26, 2010, 09:59:39 AM

I don't even encompass all of the Russian domain like your nations do, my economy isn't up to par, and my low tech levels are laughable.  Notice that, beeeeach.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 26, 2010, 12:34:31 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on January 26, 2010, 09:59:39 AM

I don't even encompass all of the Russian domain like your nations do, my economy isn't up to par, and my low tech levels are laughable.  Notice that, beeeeach.   :P

Hey I'll have you know i don't encompass of of Italy cause of your lack of taking Genoa territory, so stop crying you big russian baby!

Alcibiades

Keep talking to me like that and you never will!  :glare:

katmai

Fine i'll go take genoa by myself!

:P

What time are we starting this Sun?

Habbaku

I'd like to do 10:30 again this week, if possible, but 11 is fine if others want.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien