News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

One of my major concerns with the whole deal, in fact, was my concern that I get dragged in, and Solmyr realizes this is as good a chance he gets to  cut me down a bit. :P

Berkut

SO is the basic crux of this that Slargos expects everyone to match off in pseudo-even little contests, so the fights will be however he defines "fair"?

I mean....MP games don't work that way - at least not with competent players.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Quote from: Slargos on February 01, 2010, 08:14:39 AM
:lol:

80% of my troops at that point were in Asia, he had a 2-1 manpower and troop advantage and I had just come out of a major war. It wasn't even a fight.

Solmyr can attest to the fact that I wanted a heads up fight with him last session, and I made it clear that if anyone else joined in I would immediately break off.

I don't enjoy gang rape games, it's that simple.

I can attest to that, which is exactly why I hurried into an alliance with Spain. You seem to labor under the impression that in EU3 games everyone must fight one on one and totally fairly. That's not how it worked historically or otherwise. :P There was absolutely no use for me to enter into a prolonged war against you that I would likely eventually lose due to your leader advantage.

Seen

Quote from: HVC on January 31, 2010, 07:03:23 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2010, 05:32:23 PM
Quote from: Seen on January 31, 2010, 05:30:38 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 31, 2010, 03:15:56 PM

I think this is the first time I've ever seen France, Austria, Italy and Spain allied for a single purpose.
Pff, it happened in Languish Universalis III, againt poor little Holland  :cry:

I remember that well.
I vaguely recall that one. Super Hans was fun though, the world united and then was crushed.
I wish we had posted the AARs and game thread archive on a more reliable site  :P

Berkut

Well, at least now that this has fallen apart, Habs can get back to doing what is important - losing France to the triumphant armies of the Western Allies.

You're up! And it seems like your erstwhile partner is kind of listening...

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on February 01, 2010, 11:22:51 AM
You're up! And it seems like your erstwhile partner is kind of listening...

"Kind of" is certainly apt.  Apparently, it's sound strategy to place a 25/7 max/minimum range artillery unit just close enough to be useless, but not far enough so that it won't be swept up by the British advance.

See you in Caen!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

What is this Normandy game of which you speak?

When it comes to Languish multiplayer games, it certainly pays to vet your opponents beforehand.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on February 01, 2010, 03:34:06 PM

When it comes to Languish multiplayer games, it certainly pays to vet your opponents beforehand.

I dunno, there is some real value in watching a grown man emo-ragequit over a game. If you are too careful in who you play with, you just don't get that kind of quality amusement.

0 rows returned

frunk

It's entertaining for us because we didn't put the hours into the game that they did.  I will admit I'm mightily entertained though.

Berkut

Quote from: frunk on February 01, 2010, 04:02:05 PM
It's entertaining for us because we didn't put the hours into the game that they did.  I will admit I'm mightily entertained though.

Well yes, that is true.

I thank you all, especially Slargos, for investing so much time in our amusement, even if it was entirely unintentional.

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: frunk on February 01, 2010, 04:02:05 PM

Eh, I am bummed if we can't find a permanent OE as I'd like to see how I can fare with a Milan/Italy as a Colonial power (if I was lucky enough).

But if not we've already discussed interest in another MP from the group sans Slargy.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 01, 2010, 04:25:54 PM
We will be continuing, find a sub.  :mad:

Liep said he will play this Sun, but no idea if wants/interested in continuing past that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Hope you guys can continue playing until at least one more player ragequits (I'm thinking katmai by preference).  I'd step in an help you out, except my EU3 installation has never worked (in fact, it bluescreens me, which i didn't think was even possible any more) and so i have never been able to play even solitaire.

I've enjoyed all the posts.  Even the "I am so being diplomatic, you fucking douche bag!" ones.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!