News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 2

Started by Slargos, January 01, 2010, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

29th here, too. But I can pre-load from D2D.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2010, 02:42:01 PM
29th here, too. But I can pre-load from D2D.
woopdeedoo, preloading is hardly playing eh :p
(i.e. same here)

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 27, 2010, 02:39:11 PM
29th here it seems. You'd think they can do synched released with digital versions.

I'm guessing retail in Europe is the 29th.  They don't allow digital before that. 

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2010, 01:46:32 PM
Nah I was able to play when I got home yesterday.  It might be because they are not in NA and their release date is the 29th...or it could be be a bug.  Who did you get it from?  I get mine directly from EA and despite being an evil corporation their customer service is surprisingly responsive.  I had very good experience getting resolution for my problems with the Dragon Age download.
Check this thread:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/767684/13

I got mine directly from EA, pre-loaded the thing, but could never play until I used a VPN.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2010, 01:46:32 PM
  I get mine directly from EA and despite being an evil corporation their customer service is surprisingly responsive.  I had very good experience getting resolution for my problems with the Dragon Age download.
There you see, I know you're lying, because that's impossible.  EA does not give good customer service.  They never did. ;)

Seriously, I've never had a good experience with EA, and neither did the people on Bioware's forum.  One user from Quebec even got directed to EA France  :rolleyes:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I still haven't gotten around to playing the first one.  I supose I may give it a shot after I finish Dragon age.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Question for those of you who've started playing it:

If you start "fresh", do you get a single story line start, or is it possible to set up the storyline as it would've been if you'd played through ME1?

I dislike the idea of playing from someone elses save, it feels a bit like I would imagine wearing someone elses underwear would.

ulmont

Single storyline per Penny Arcade.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 27, 2010, 03:29:56 PM
There you see, I know you're lying, because that's impossible.  EA does not give good customer service.  They never did. ;)

I might have just gotten lucky with the CSR people I got.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Scipio

About fifteen hours in, and it's amazing.  Far better than the first game; if you haven't bought the first game, it may not be worth playing at this point.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Princesca actually bought this yesterday but I don't think she's checked it out yet.  I am in no rush to play it yet because I still have so many games queued up to play, and I assume it'll have the usual post-launch bugs.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

Quote from: Caliga on January 28, 2010, 05:57:44 PM
Princesca actually bought this yesterday but I don't think she's checked it out yet.  I am in no rush to play it yet because I still have so many games queued up to play, and I assume it'll have the usual post-launch bugs.
Some texture ripping/tearing, and one amusing biotic effect bug that ended up with me being launched into the ceiling and getting stuck there.  Otherwise, no bugs experienced yet.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Queequeg

Quote from: Scipio on January 28, 2010, 05:43:23 PM
About fifteen hours in, and it's amazing.  Far better than the first game; if you haven't bought the first game, it may not be worth playing at this point.
Just beat it with all the main side quests.  Really fucking good. The ending bossfight is a big disappointment though, as it is with basically all post-BG2 BioWare games. 

By the end, on my Veteran play, I had to keep checking if I was still at hardcore level, as I'd basically maxed out my team.  Maxed out sniper, and gave Legion his super-duper awesome unique sniper rifle, as an Adept I chose to use an assault rifle as my tertiary weapon skill and maxed that out as well, and then got Grunt his unique shotgun and maxed that out too. 

It resulted in a lot of dead aliens/fucked up humans.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

katmai

Quote from: Queequeg on January 28, 2010, 06:30:04 PM
Quote from: Scipio on January 28, 2010, 05:43:23 PM
Just beat it with all the main side quests. 

Ah to be in college and no social life :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son