And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 2

Started by Slargos, January 01, 2010, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: Scipio on February 03, 2010, 09:22:27 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on February 03, 2010, 06:21:31 PM
I have to say, I'm not impressed. The plot seems pretty awful, and I'm fairly far in.
It's not a novel.

I don't expect Tolstoy. But the first game's plot was kinda silly, but compelling and a lot of fun. This one is basically "Let's travel a series of personal crises. And oh yea, thirty thousand humans were just eaten."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Faeelin on February 03, 2010, 10:06:16 PM
Quote from: Scipio on February 03, 2010, 09:22:27 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on February 03, 2010, 06:21:31 PM
I have to say, I'm not impressed. The plot seems pretty awful, and I'm fairly far in.
It's not a novel.

I don't expect Tolstoy. But the first game's plot was kinda silly, but compelling and a lot of fun. This one is basically "Let's travel a series of personal crises. And oh yea, thirty thousand humans were just eaten."

that sounds like standard hollywood :p
add in some crazy dancing and you've got Bollywood

chipwich

It irritates me that it's so much about gathering your team. There's little real meat and potatoes to the story.

Tamas

Well yeah I hope Mass Effect 3 will have no or very basic team-gathering so as to make this part more meaningful.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on February 04, 2010, 06:38:41 AM
Well yeah I hope Mass Effect 3 will have no or very basic team-gathering so as to make this part more meaningful.

I am hoping your team in ME3 is all the surviving party members from the first two games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Finished it. Wow, that was a fun game. Managed to save both crew and squad. Very satisfied.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

So I started playing last night.  I've only played for like 45 minutes in total but:

ME 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragon Age * 1,000,000,000

:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on February 06, 2010, 07:50:26 AM
So I started playing last night.  I've only played for like 45 minutes in total but:

Why is that, huh?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Yeah sort of. Altough I do recognize the groundbraking nature of Dragon Age in the fantasy RPG fare, I can't care much for it.

DisturbedPervert

Dragon Age is easily the best game released this millennium

Berkut

I started playing Mass Effect since I got ME2 for $25, but cannot bring myself to play it since I never actually finished ME1.

WTF. Your fucking party members are fucking morons. I train Wrex in shotguns, and he keeps taking out his shitty pistol. The Taurien agent guy seems to like his pistol more than his sniper rifle.

Is there any way to get them to actually use their talents on their own? They never heal, they never seem to use their shield boost.

Speaking of shield boost, is there any way to make that thing automatically used? By the time I am getting shot at, and realize I am dropping, I am generally dead before I manage to use my own.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on February 08, 2010, 09:11:36 AM
I started playing Mass Effect since I got ME2 for $25, but cannot bring myself to play it since I never actually finished ME1.

WTF. Your fucking party members are fucking morons. I train Wrex in shotguns, and he keeps taking out his shitty pistol. The Taurien agent guy seems to like his pistol more than his sniper rifle.

Is there any way to get them to actually use their talents on their own? They never heal, they never seem to use their shield boost.

Speaking of shield boost, is there any way to make that thing automatically used? By the time I am getting shot at, and realize I am dropping, I am generally dead before I manage to use my own.

Switch to easy, stop worrying about stuff like that, enjoy the story, profit.

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on February 08, 2010, 09:11:36 AM
I think you can have them switch gun at the beginning of the mission.

In ME2?  No, not really.  You make them use it.

don't think so.  This game has primitive controls for consol users.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on February 08, 2010, 09:41:23 AM
Switch to easy, stop worrying about stuff like that, enjoy the story, profit.

Sadly, the same recommendation should really be made for Dragon Age as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Disagree.  the game is dumb&easy.  And the whole planet scanning for resources is retarded.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.