News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

British Freedom of Speech withered, dying

Started by Slargos, December 01, 2009, 07:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Does the Mail usually give the property value of the homes of people they interview?

Grallon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 01, 2009, 11:43:18 AM
Some more details about the case :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216357/They-called-terrorist--Muslim-woman-hits-race-row-hotel-couple.html

So it would seem this *was* mostly a matter of hurt feelings after all...  Keep at this long enough Brits and Britain will either be unable to prevent all sorts of ethno cultural enclosures and differential rights from forming - or there'll be a drastic reaction against all this hand-wringning that could turn very ugly.

Such is the price one pays for indulging, nay - wallowing, in multi-culturalism.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

Do British newspapers put how much people's houses are worth in articles? Weird.
PDH!

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Faeelin on December 01, 2009, 11:47:59 AM
Does the Mail usually give the property value of the homes of people they interview?

Nearly always  :lol:

It is the paper of "middle England", the lower middle-class, the value of their property is the chief financial difference between them and the working class and the swarms of assorted foreigners who threaten our cherished traditions  ;)

Ed Anger

Somebody has got to hold the line in England.

Edit: I never felt oppressed in london. Creeped out, yes. oppressed? Nah.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Faeelin

Quote from: Grallon on December 01, 2009, 11:57:41 AM
So it would seem this *was* mostly a matter of hurt feelings after all...  Keep at this long enough Brits and Britain will either be unable to prevent all sorts of ethno cultural enclosures and differential rights from forming - or there'll be a drastic reaction against all this hand-wringning that could turn very ugly.

Such is the price one pays for indulging, nay - wallowing, in multi-culturalism.

The statute actually protects you as well, fag.

Admiral Yi

Mr. and Mrs. Hotel sound like real pricks, but I don't think criminalizing rudeness is a very good idea.

Richard Hakluyt

There has been no judgement yet. It may be thrown out of court. Alternatively the court may find the hoteliers guilty. There appear to have been plenty of witnesses. The court should be able to determine if a polite disagreement occurred or whether the hoteliers went into some sort of frenzy when confronted by a hotel guest in muslim garb.

Maybe these hoteliers discriminate against homosexuals as well, maybe they attack women who wear slutty tops to breakfast; maybe the muslim woman is an over-sensitive nutcase; we just don't know until the court proceedings have taken place.

Faeelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2009, 12:09:33 PM
Mr. and Mrs. Hotel sound like real pricks, but I don't think criminalizing rudeness is a very good idea.

I dunno. I can see an argument that hotel operators are more vulnerable, and that people in the medical profession should be held to a higher standard. I don't agree with it, though, and that's what the statute isn't designed for.

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on December 01, 2009, 09:47:03 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 01, 2009, 09:44:47 AM
Quote from: Jaron on December 01, 2009, 09:38:12 AM
It would be the same if it was a Jewish person who walked in and the couple started to heckle over the question of why the Jews killed Jesus. If that was the case, I imagine there would be more compassion.
I rather doubt it.
Oh please. Whenever Jews are accosted, everyone on this forum comes running with open arms like a worried soccer mom.
Most of us don't really feel that the police should get involved because somebody had their feelings hurt.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

The Muslim woman whose complaint about two Christian hoteliers led police to charge them with a religiously aggravated offence is a British-born convert who turned to Islam a year ago.

That alone is enough to prove mental insanity.

Martinus

Quote from: Faeelin on December 01, 2009, 12:07:45 PM
Quote from: Grallon on December 01, 2009, 11:57:41 AM

The statute actually protects you as well, fag.

Actually, apparently not. Religious-motivated anti-gay hate speech is allowed in the UK:

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=&sc3=&id=98998

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 01, 2009, 12:14:57 PM

The Muslim woman whose complaint about two Christian hoteliers led police to charge them with a religiously aggravated offence is a British-born convert who turned to Islam a year ago.

That alone is enough to prove mental insanity.

Indeed. A crazy neophyte with a huge chip on her shoulder is my guess after reading more fact.

Martinus

For the record, I think the law is retarded just as the law banning minarets is retarded.

Richard Hakluyt

The poor muslim dude though, marries an English girl who then converts to some strict form of Islam, manages to get him involved in some ludicrous tiff at a hotel breakfast and probably gives him a bollocking if he ever dares to have a pint with his mates after an Everton match  :lol: