News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

British Freedom of Speech withered, dying

Started by Slargos, December 01, 2009, 07:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2009/October/Muslims-Complaint-Sparks-Charges-on-Christian-Couple/

QuotePolice arrested Ben and Sharon Vogelenzang, who run the Bounty House Hotel in Liverpool, after a Muslim woman complained that she was offended by comments made to her in March. Because the legal case is ongoing the couple cannot comment publicly.
According to newspaper reports, the debate at the hotel involved discussion of whether Jesus was the son of God or just a minor prophet of Islam. Newspapers also reported the debate included comments that Mohammed was a warlord and Muslim dress for women was a form of bondage.

Tamas

:bleeding:

Europe is falling before our very eyes. :(

Stuff like this make me think maybe the Swiss were right. Fucking mooslimbs

Razgovory

If Martim chimes in we'll have all the Forum's fascists here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2009, 07:26:50 AM

If you would venture out of your basement, you would know I am pretty far from being a fascist. Real fascists would scare you to death, I am afraid.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on December 01, 2009, 07:33:46 AM

If you would venture out of your basement, you would know I am pretty far from being a fascist. Real fascists would scare you to death, I am afraid.

You are a Hungarian.  Hungarians are fascist. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

I thought Britain was one of the freer societies. At least that's what Barrister Boy said.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2009, 07:34:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 01, 2009, 07:33:46 AM

You are a Hungarian.  Hungarians are fascist.

Sorry, already used against Sarkozy in France  :lol:

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Tamas on December 01, 2009, 07:22:54 AM
:bleeding:

Great Britain is falling before our very eyes. :(

fixed it for ya...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on December 01, 2009, 07:22:54 AM

Really? That's your conclusion?  :huh:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

What it never occurred to you to check what the source of this was?  Just Slargos puts a cropped quote and it's the end of the West?  C'mon now.  What's wrong with you people.  It's from the fucking 700 club!  There's probably an article in there about Muslim causing hurricanes.

Martinus

Well, here's the news blurb from Guardian which pretty much says the same thing, except the arrest part (which I found dubious in Slargos's story).

QuoteA pair of Christian hoteliers who argued with a Muslim guest have been charged with a "religiously aggravated" public order offence. Ben and Sharon Vogelenzang run the Bounty House Hotel in Aintree, Liverpool. The incident took place in March when a guest came down to breakfast in a hijab. It is alleged Mr Vogelenzang said the prophet Muhammad was a warlord. He denies the claim. It is also claimed that Mrs Vogelenzang described the hijab as a form of bondage. The guest complained to police and the couple will appear before Liverpool magistrates on December 8.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/sep/21/hotel-guest-row-hijab-religion

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

DisturbedPervert

Mohamy was a warlord.  Think he'd go with the decapitation method to deal with this however.

Camerus

What the fuck is a "'religiously aggravated' public order offence"?