News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Tony Gonzales traded to the Falcons for a 2nd round pick in 2010.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 23, 2009, 02:39:08 PM

Tony becomes a first-round fantasy draft pick again.

Fucking Atlanta's offense is going to be sick this season.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2009, 05:15:25 PM

:yeah:

Sadly my luck of getting their RB & both of their WR is probably not going to happen again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Vince

Less than 48 hours until the draft.   :cool:

Neil

Why hasn't Rex Francorum shown me seven or eight mock drafts?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2009, 05:15:25 PM

Provided that Ryan holds it together, although I think he'll be fine.

The NFC South is now home to solid QB talent.  The exception is Tampa Bay, who decided that they didn't want Jeff Garcia the Winning Machine.  They'd rather have such luminaries as Luke McCown, Brian Griese and Byron Leftwich running their offence.  Maybe, if Detroit takes Stafford, they can trade for Daunte Culpepper and complete their stable of failures.

Ever since Kiffin left, Tampa Bay has gone completely retarded.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 22, 2009, 09:27:26 AM
For those who have it, how's NFL Sunday Ticket?

Around here, it comes bundle with NHL Center Ice (yay!) and MLD Extra Innings for 30$/month
I had it the last 5 or so years and I loved it.  Unfortunately I can't afford it this year so I will be stuck with watching the fucking Seahawks every Sunday again.

MadBurgerMaker

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2009, 07:01:50 PM
Why hasn't Rex Francorum shown me seven or eight mock drafts?
Did he make the transition to the new board?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 24, 2009, 11:14:09 PM
Stafford is the pick for Detroit.  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4097641
Crazy to risk that much money. That poor guy is gonna be hammered into the ground until he turns into a David Carr clone.

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2009, 11:28:34 PM
Stafford is the pick for Detroit.  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4097641
Crazy to risk that much money. That poor guy is gonna be hammered into the ground until he turns into a David Carr clone.
Yep.

At least they got him signed and he will be around all off-season, that could give him a slim fighting chance, unlikely though.

Neil

Especially in that division.  Minnesota is a sack machine and Chicago should be (although they had an off year last year).  Still, it wasn't like it was quarterback talent that was holding the Lions back.  John Kitna would throw for 4,000 yards per season.

Ed Anger

They should Carson Palmer the guy. He can watch Dante Culpepper play next year. Too bad Kitna isn't around, he was a good teacher.

But since this is the Lions, Stafford will play and get his first concussion in week 1.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 25, 2009, 08:13:54 AM
They should Carson Palmer the guy. He can watch Dante Culpepper play next year. Too bad Kitna isn't around, he was a good teacher.

But since this is the Lions, Stafford will play and get his first concussion in week 1.
Well, after Flacco and Ryan last year, everybody thinks that rookies should be able to walk right in and start winning.