News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 25, 2009, 08:13:54 AM
But since this is the Lions, Stafford will play and get his first concussion in week 1.

Eric Hipple, Thy Will Be Done.

MadBurgerMaker

Dunta Robinson is threatening to hold out if the Texans franchise him.  It's starting to get a little ridiculous with this guy.  He supposedly turned down an offer with $23 million guaranteed the year after coming back from a massive injury and not looking so hot, which is why they ended up wanting to franchise him in the first place.   

$23 million.  That's some pretty...er...good money....for a guy who has never been to a Pro Bowl, and who they're still not sure will ever be the same again.  If they franchise him, that would be ~$10 million or so for one year.

Neil

I think that Brian Cushing might be retarded.  He wears his hat like a moron.

Also, somebody made Bellichick wear a suit on draft day!
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2009, 01:31:06 PM
I think that Brian Cushing might be retarded.  He wears his hat like a moron.

Looks like the thing covering his head so he doesn't die when he smashes into people is worn properly.  I don't give a fuck about anything else.

Edit:
QuoteAlso, somebody made Bellichick wear a suit on draft day!

I'm not sure I believe you. :mellow:

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 28, 2009, 01:41:54 PM
The thing covering his head so he doesn't die when he smashes into people looks fine to me.  I don't give a fuck about anything else.
You'll care when he accidentally tackles Mario Williams just as Williams is about to sack Peyton Manning in the endzone, and the ball goes to Reggie Wayne for a touchdown, allowing the Colts to win the division and causing the Texans to miss the playoffs.  Moreover, Williams' knee ligaments will all explode.

Just looking at him wearing his baseball cap, you know that there's something horribly wrong with him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

:lol:

How many times did you edit that post?

Yeah, I saw the video on the NFL Network.  I was shocked.  The suit didn't quite fit, but it was there.  Rather than looking homeless, he looked like a Wal-Mart assistant manager or something.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2009, 01:52:26 PM

Yeah, I saw the video on the NFL Network.  I was shocked.  The suit didn't quite fit, but it was there.  Rather than looking homeless, he looked like a Wal-Mart assistant manager or something.

:lol:  About 10.  The first few times, my brain simply couldn't wrap itself the idea that the dude had worn a suit, (edit: or that someone had actually seen him wearing one) and was churning out suggestions so he at least wouldn't look homeless.  Striking stuff out that was too much, like a collared shirt, etc.  Then I started changing everything in the post around.  Like this one ( :P).

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2009, 01:50:39 PM
Just looking at him wearing his baseball cap, you know that there's something horribly wrong with him.

Is it off to the center and/or with the bill raised up too high?  Dudes who wear hats that way look like they have gone full retard.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on April 28, 2009, 02:30:13 PM
Is it off to the center and/or with the bill raised up too high?  Dudes who wear hats that way look like they have gone full retard.

It was a bit off center, but I don't think it was on purpose like some of them do, so he looked slightly retarded with greasy long hair, all roided up, etc. 

Edit:  He doesn't appear to be able to put one on straight.

Eh heh heh.  There's a video interview with him here: http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

Ed Anger

Of the 3 USC linebackers, he did look like the biggest douchebag of the bunch. And Rey Maualuga would be on an episode of Dog the bounty hunter running from the Dog.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 28, 2009, 02:34:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 28, 2009, 02:30:13 PM

It was a bit off center, but I don't think it was on purpose like some of them do, so he looked slightly retarded with greasy long hair, all roided up, etc. 

Edit:  He doesn't appear to be able to put one on straight.

Eh heh heh.  There's a video interview with him here: http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html
It's his fancy ponytail that keep the hat from fitting right; he sounds as intelligent as a box of hammers.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2009, 01:52:26 PM

He looked hilarious, and totally uncomfortable.  What a dickhead.

JacobL

QuoteJets waived QB Brett Favre off their reserve/retired list.
This could mean nothing, or it could mean something. Players waived off the retired list become free agents, and there have been some rumors lately that Favre is contemplating a return. Something had to spur this transaction, because the Jets would've just left Favre on reserve/retired otherwise. It's possible Favre wants to sign a one-year contract to retire as a Packer. It's also possible that the Vikings want him again.

According to rotoworld

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."