News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobL

Per Rotoworld

Steve McNair has been found dead due to a fatal gunshot wound to the head, according to Nashville police.

Newschannel Five in Tennessee has the news first. McNair was found in downtown Nashville. Police said it looked like a double homicide. A woman was also found dead on the premises. We'll update more news when we have it, but it's a heart-stopping tragic story on our nation's birthday. Our thoughts and wishes go out to McNair's family.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

citizen k

Some good NFL news:

http://www.krem.com/sharedcontent/northwest/sports/seahawks/stories/NW_070809WAB-mt-rainier-climb-summit-TP.1f6db1b3.html
Mora, Goodell, Silvi reach Mount Rainier summit

09:13 PM PDT on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

KING5.com Staff and Associated Press

MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK, Wash. - A group including NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Seahawks coach Jim Mora reached the summit of Mount Rainier Wednesday.
A spokesman for United Way of King County says the team made it to the summit of the 14,411-foot volcano at 9:15 a.m. and was back at Camp Muir by about 2:30 p.m. The climb is a fundraiser for the Seattle charity.
The climb was led by Ed Viesturs, the only American climber to summit all fourteen 8,000-meter peaks without supplemntal oxygen, and Peter Whittaker, co-owner of Rainier Mountaineering Inc. and a mountain guide for more than 25 years.
Jered Erlandson says a guide called base camp to report that nearly everyone made it to the summit of Washington's highest peak. One person in the group sustained a minor injury Monday and didn't attempt the summit.
Also making the climb was KING 5 Sports Director Paul Silvi and KING 5 photojournalist Pete Cassam.
The climb has raised about $380,000.
The "Climb for the Community" is sponsored by the United Way of King County Response for Basic Needs. Please show your support for people in need by giving $5 and asking five friends to do the same. It's a small way to make a BIG impact in people's lives. Together, we can help keep people in their homes and food on the table during this difficult time. So give $5, $50 or $500. Any gift you give will make a difference. Please go to www.UWKC.org/climb.

Sophie Scholl

Should have tossed Goodell in. :menace:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

citizen k

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 09, 2009, 06:31:19 PM

It still has its peak, for now.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: citizen k on July 09, 2009, 06:54:07 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 09, 2009, 06:31:19 PM

It still has its peak, for now.
So chain him to the top to appease the football and volcano gods.  It's a win-win.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Well, shit.

QuoteRavens receiver Mason retires from NFL
In the most surprising move of the Ravens' offseason, wide receiver Derrick Mason has abruptly announced his retirement.

"I have had a tremendous career and I played for two great teams. I had fun," Mason told jocklife.com, a Web site that shares an office building with Mason's agent. "In my career, I have been able to do everything but win a Super Bowl. I've had the opportunity to play on great teams and with great players. After 12 years, I have seen it all and done it all," Mason said. "Right now, I am content with the decision I am making. All good things come to an end, and I am ready to see what else life has to offer."

Mason's retirement comes nine days after quarterback Steve McNair, a longtime friend and teammate, was shot and killed in Nashville, Tenn.

"I have been thinking about this since the season ended," Mason said. "Emotionally I am just not that enthused. I have not been that enthused to get up and work out ... it was getting to that point. This decision has nothing to do with the contract situation; I have made enough money, more than enough money. Emotionally there are things that are more important. It's time right now. I don't know what's going to happen from here, but it's going to be really nice to see what life has in store for me. What I want people to remember about my NFL career is that I played hard ... played hard in practice and the game. I tried to make everyone better and would do anything to help."

The Ravens didn't immediately respond to a phone call from The Baltimore Sun. That leaves the Ravens with Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams as their top wide receivers.

CountDeMoney

Quote"I have been thinking about this since the season ended,"

That's good.  Glad you waited until 2 weeks before training camp opens to figure it all out.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2009, 05:13:35 PM

That's good.  Glad you waited until 2 weeks before training camp opens to figure it all out.

I'm sure he was blackmailed by NFL to wait till now to mess with Ravens plans.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 13, 2009, 05:15:12 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2009, 05:13:35 PM

I'm sure he was blackmailed by NFL to wait till now to mess with Ravens plans.

Yeah, he was blackmailed, alright.  Was it: impending drug test?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 13, 2009, 05:15:12 PMI'm sure he was blackmailed by NFL to wait till now to mess with Ravens plans.

In all honesty, Steve McGSW's death was probably the final shot, and it went to his head.

Neil

Ah fuck.  That's really terrible news for the team.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.