News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2009, 03:38:22 PM
But a 99 helicopter-in-midair-while-fumbling rating.

Hey everyone's good at something.

Edit:  Except Ethan Albright, apparently.

Grey Fox

so how far are we from LFFL now?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

QuoteMcNair had alcohol in his system
Ex-Ravens QB had BAC twice legal limit for driving when he died

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities say former Ravens quarterback Steve McNair had a blood-alcohol level twice Tennessee's legal limit for driving when his girlfriend shot him to death.

Tennessee Assistant Medical Examiner Feng Li said Monday that a toxicology report showed a trace amount of marijuana in the body of Sahel Kazemi. Police say the 20-year-old Kazemi shot McNair July 4 in a Nashville condo before killing herself.

Police say McNair was likely asleep when he was shot twice in the head and twice in the chest.

Li said there was no way to tell from the report how long before McNair's death he had been drinking.

Kazemi was arrested for drunken driving in Nashville two days before the shooting. Police video of the arrest showed her telling the officer that she was high.

CountDeMoney

Ah, nothing like hitting the bargin bins and flea markets right before training camp.  It's, like, as if fahdiz ran a pro team.

QuoteHackett, 3 other wide receivers to try out for Ravens
Club seeks depth at position after Mason's surprise retirement announcement

The Ravens made their first move since Derrick Mason's retirement announcement, inviting four mid-level wide receivers for a tryout on Friday.

While all the names can't be confirmed, it is believed that D.J. Hackett will be the most recognizable receiver at the workout.

Hackett, 28, was released by the Carolina Panthers after catching 13 passes for 181 yards and no touchdowns last season. The 6-foot-2, 208-pound receiver turned down a tryout with the Ravens earlier this offseason because he was dealing with his wife's pregnancy.

"D.J. just wants to play football," said Kevin Robinson, Hackett's agent. "He is certainly intrigued by the opportunity."

A Ravens official couldn't confirm any names or whether a workout had been scheduled.

The agents for receivers Amani Toomer and Justin McCareins said they wouldn't be at the workout. Other free-agent receivers available include: Drew Bennett, Darrell Jackson, Robert Ferguson, Koren Robinson and Ike Hilliard.

There has been speculation that Marvin Harrison, who is considered the top free-agent receiver left, might wait until the middle of training camp before making a decision.

The Ravens are looking to add some depth at wide receiver in the wake of Mason's unexpected retirement announcement. Mason, the Ravens' top receiver the past four seasons, is expected to meet this week with coach John Harbaugh, who returns from vacation in a couple of days.

Based on the fact that the Ravens aren't going after a big-name receiver, it appears that the team sees some hope in changing Mason's mind. Mason, who was limited this entire offseason while recovering from shoulder surgery, might have been sidelined for the first couple of weeks of training camp anyway.

So, the Ravens might be content on waiting through mid-August on Mason's final decision.

With Mason's uncertain status, the Ravens need to add a wide receiver with NFL experience. The Ravens' top four receivers are Mark Clayton, Demetrius Williams, Marcus Smith and Kelley Washington.

In his first three NFL seasons (all with the Seattle Seahawks), Hackett averaged 35 receptions and caught a total of nine touchdowns. He signed a two-year, $3.5 million contract with the Panthers in 2008 but was cut after recording career lows in receptions, yards and touchdowns.

Quarterbacks, rookies and select veterans report to Ravens training camp on Monday (July 27).

katmai

gf i'll make up league this week, for a draft around 21st of Aug
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Hopefully they can talk Mason out of retirement.  Otherwise, somebody give Marvin Harrison a blank cheque.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on July 20, 2009, 08:09:55 PM
I'll be there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 20, 2009, 08:15:28 PM
I'll be there.
Tom Brady's going to get injured again.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 20, 2009, 08:25:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 20, 2009, 08:15:28 PM
I'll be there.
Tom Brady's going to get injured again.

I watch this once a week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuClWeD9ouI&feature=related

Just to fuel my rage.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

:yeah:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on July 23, 2009, 08:07:16 AM
We're #32!  Woo Hoo!   :punk:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002

The Redskins add a bunch of good players and they are only ranked #17 behind ten loss teams from last year?

Good they always do bad when the media crowns them pre-season champs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2009, 08:17:02 AM
Quote from: charliebear on July 23, 2009, 08:07:16 AM
We're #32!  Woo Hoo!   :punk:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002

The Redskins add a bunch of good players and they are only ranked #17 behind ten loss teams from last year?

Good they always do bad when the media crowns them pre-season champs.
It's precamp.  Who cares where they have anybody?  Everything will change in the next six weeks.  The Steelers are going to have a hard time repeating when all the other women that Worthlessberger raped start coming out of the woodwork to get their cheques.

ehrie

I'm in again this year. The Languish Cup shall be mine.

JacobL

per PFT
QuoteAs expected, the 2010 NFL draft will get started on Friday Thursday night, and it will become a three-day affair.

The draft gets rolling with the first round on Thursday night, April 22, at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Rounds two and three will be held on Friday night, April 23, beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET.

And then they'll wrap it all up beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Saturday, April 24.

:bleeding: :Joos

And an espn link for good measure

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4351601