News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 16, 2009, 11:03:27 AM
I heard on the radio that Favre is practicing with a high school team in Miss and is stringing the Vikes along until training camp starts to decide if he's coming back yet again.

It is good that HS kids are learning to intercept passes from an NFL QB.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 12:06:09 PM
I heard on the radio that Favre is practicing with a high school team in Miss and is stringing the Vikes along until training camp starts to decide if he's coming back yet again.

Gunslings.  The proper term for Favre passes is gunslings, especially when they are intercepted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on July 16, 2009, 12:27:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 12:06:09 PM

Gunslings.  The proper term for Favre passes is gunslings, especially when they are intercepted.
:lmfao:

Very true

Ed Anger

Just noticed this, the Madden 10 ratings:

http://maddennfl.easports.com/cover.action

Tony Homo an 87? Fuck that shit.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2009, 09:22:33 AM

No shit.  He should be a 92.

Neil

They've included a new mechanic that makes him an 87 during most of the season, but a 57 during December and January and a 27 in 4th quarters/OT during that period.

I'm more annoyed by the love they're giving the Patriots, even though it was categorically proven that they suck last season.  And they rate the Cowboys higher than the Ravens, even though Baltimore handed Dallas the most humiliating defeat in the history of the team, in front of their fans, their all-time greats, and the world.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2009, 09:28:04 AM

Well, he did break up with Jessica Simpson.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2009, 09:40:54 AM

I'd ding him a few extra points just for that. Because Ms. Simpson has a nice personality and huge knockers.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2009, 09:43:42 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2009, 09:40:54 AM

I'd ding him a few extra points just for that. Because Ms. Simpson has a nice personality and huge knockers.
He can do better.  He's the QB of the Cowboys.

Besides, she's kind of spoiled.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2009, 09:39:54 AM

They've included a new mechanic that makes him an 87 during most of the season, but a 57 during December and January and a 27 in 4th quarters/OT during that period.

:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2009, 09:39:54 AMAnd they rate the Cowboys higher than the Ravens, even though Baltimore handed Dallas the most humiliating defeat in the history of the team, in front of their fans, their all-time greats, and the world.

Goddamn, that was hilarious game.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2009, 01:25:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2009, 09:39:54 AMAnd they rate the Cowboys higher than the Ravens, even though Baltimore handed Dallas the most humiliating defeat in the history of the team, in front of their fans, their all-time greats, and the world.

Goddamn, that was hilarious game.
They had it on the NFL network a couple of weeks ago.  It was just as sweet the second time around.

Sophie Scholl

:lol: Well, it's official.  The AFC West has apparently become such a joke they aren't even in Madden anymore.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Sage has a 50 carrying rating.  :D

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 19, 2009, 03:26:21 PM
Sage has a 50 carrying rating.  :D
But a 99 helicopter-in-midair-while-fumbling rating.