News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 1 Thread

Started by Neil, September 09, 2009, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Urlacher's out for the year!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

So much for being Healthy at the start of the season.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Syt, I take it you haven't heard very many NFL player interviews :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Crap I timed our satellite receiver to record the Packers game on its HDD and it did, only that apparently the game lasted a few minutes more than appreciated, and so I missed the last 2:54 minutes of the game. :(

CountDeMoney

Man, I miss those old Patriots uniforms.  Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Eugene Chung, Andre Tippett, Raymond Clayborn, and the patron saint of white running backs, Craig James...yeah, those Pats were much more tolerable.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2009, 06:33:45 PM
Man, I miss those old Patriots uniforms.  Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Eugene Chung, Andre Tippett, Raymond Clayborn, and the patron saint of white running backs, Craig James...yeah, those Pats were much more tolerable.

Sadly, Bellishit still looks like a hobo living under an overpass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2009, 06:34:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2009, 06:33:45 PM

Sadly, Bellishit still looks like a hobo living under an overpass.

He can go fucking die.
One day, Bernie's mob connections will shiv him during yard time.

Ed Anger

Or be lynched the next time he is in Cleveland.

Neil

Man, the Patriots sure look like a bunch of sissy faggots, what with getting stomped by the Bills and all.

Also, the guys in the booth shouldn't call that homeless guy on the New England sidelines 'Bill' when the Patriots are playing the Bills.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Here is something for Seedy:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/ravens-offense-explodes-on-and-off-the-field/

QuoteRavens offense explodes, on and off the field
Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2009 9:08 AM ET

For nearly a decade under offensive genius Brian Billick, the Ravens were a team that typically won football games by keeping the opposing team as close to the egg of a goose as possible.

Now, in year two after Billick's departure, the offense is starting to look like it was supposed to look throughout his tenure.

Indeed, the 38 points that Baltimore scored on Sunday represents more than any scored during the last year of Billick's tenure, when the team scored 30 points once and less than 20 half the time.

And the Ravens are also becoming explosive off the field, too.

According to Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com, the Ravens didn't take kindly to remarks from Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter in a recent conference call, during which Johnson at one point said of quarterback Joe Flacco, "You want a bum, you pay a bum."

"Keyshawn Johnson is the bum, that's why he's in the analyst seat," receiver Derrick Mason told Freeman.  "He tried to come back to football but no one would sign him.  He was never that good a player.  He got lucky and signed on in Tampa Bay and won a Super Bowl because they had a great defense.

"Just look at the two people doing the criticizing, that's all I'm saying.  Keyshawn was overrated and Carter is in the same boat I'm in.  He doesn't have a Super Bowl ring either.  He's in the analyst seat without a ring.  At least I'm playing.  He still wants to play but he can't anymore.  We're the bums?  That's why you're in the analyst seat.  Just be quiet and keep dreaming you still could play."

(Mason really needs to come out of his shell.)

Apart from the 38 points on the scoreboard and the all points bulletin on Keyshawn's playing career, the Ravens rang up 501 yards of total offense, and they surrendered only 188.

So if the Baltimore ball-moving unit is waking up at a time when the defense is still playing great, they could be a very serious contender in the AFC, again.

That said, there's also a chance that the Chiefs are still really, really bad, and that the Ravens will struggle against the likes to the Chargers, Patriots, Vikings, Colts, Steelers (twice), Packers, and Bears.

More on the Chiefs-Ravens game is coming later today, One-Liner style.   

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2009, 07:01:50 PM
Here is something for Seedy:

One thing I will say, the Ravens are very protective of each other.  Mason doesn't like to hear his QB dissed.

501 total yards offense yesterday.  5.0.1.

And as far as it being the Chiefs, KC was 5-0 on the road in Mobtown, and the Ravens never cover double digit spreads in September, ever.  Jimmy the Greek was smiling from above.  As he once said, "but that's the way to bet".

Neil

501 yards.  Even the score-running up '07 Gaytriots only broke 500 once, against the hapless Bills.

Not only that, but I was impressed with the offence's ability to make plays when the going got tough.  Two years ago, the Ravens wouldn't come back from behind, let alone put up 3 TDs in the fourth, unless the defence was doing the scoring.  Flacco is good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.