News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 1 Thread

Started by Neil, September 09, 2009, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2009, 05:24:13 AM
110 fantasy points, baby.  Me genius, you not.

This coming from same guy who was whining on Fri how his team sucked, face it the auto pick is smarter than you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on September 15, 2009, 06:10:01 AM

This coming from same guy who was whining on Fri how his team sucked, face it the auto pick is smarter than you.
Goddamn right it is.

Grey Fox

My team still sucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Vince

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 15, 2009, 12:41:43 AM
Every goddamn year.  I feel like CHarlie fucking Brown going to kick the ball with Lucy holding it.  Maybe this time.  But no.  Fuck.  Me. :bleeding:

:console:

Prevent defense prevents victory.

PDH

BA you are too young, but you don't root for the Raiders, not the real Raiders.  The Raiders were taken from us in 1982 by a crazy man who grabbed our innocence off of 880 and drove south were he kept them for over a decade in a huge abandoned lot.  The team that was eventually returned to us was not the Raiders, and that crazy man has never been punished.

Sure, they look like them, in a way, but they are not the Raiders, that innocence was stolen.  Ask Seedy if the Colts came back if they would be the same.  The answer is no.  Maybe, one day, the scars of that crazy man can be erased, but not now...not for a long time.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

So, week 1 I'm 10-6 picking games.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Alas Peedy, I had no choice in the matter.  Though, looking at my baseball team picking abilities, I would have done as bad or worse in picking a team.  Hell, I've been rooting for the Browns unless they're playing the Raiders for the past 3 years.  I am a walking Jinx. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Vince

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 15, 2009, 12:26:16 PM
Alas Peedy, I had no choice in the matter.  Though, looking at my baseball team picking abilities, I would have done as bad or worse in picking a team.  Hell, I've been rooting for the Browns unless they're playing the Raiders for the past 3 years.  I am a walking Jinx. :(

So just root for the Pats.   :menace:

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2009, 09:31:03 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 14, 2009, 08:58:10 PM
Good teams make their own luck.  :lol:

Do they? Or do the refs invent rules for them?

No rules controversy last night a team that is used to winning made a play against a team that is used to losing.

QuoteWhat? A fumble? No, Brady just meant to "tuck" it in.

That was a fucked play, but the correct call according to the rule at the time.  Once the QB's arm goes forward his intention becomes irrelevant.  Also if the NFL was going to rig that game back in 2002 they would have made sure the Raiders won it, not the Patriots.  The Raiders were actually good back then and the Patriots were a joke up until mid-season that year.
QuoteWhat? Stopped by the Ravens defense? No, we'll give you the time out AFTER the play.

I just found this play and watched it again.  It is very clear that the officail tries to stop the play before the ball is snapped.  If you actually care check 3:45 on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbjWoiqyCZs&feature=related
QuoteHuh? Poor Tom's knee hurts? We'll make sure defensive players have to get up again to hit a QB.  Ask Carson Palmer how he feels about that one.

I don't like the rule either, but it is what it is.  The Palmer and Brady injuries aren't really comparable either.  The Steeler rolled into Palmer's leg; the Chief who hurt Brady was on the ground and clearly lunged at Brady's knee.  The first is football, the second is now illegal.

Again if you care:

Palmer

Brady

QuoteFucking Steelers have nothing on these fucks when it comes to collusion with the league.

They may get some calls that other teams don't but that isn't the sole reason for their success, they are just better than most teams, from the front office to the coach to the players.

CountDeMoney

Dan Fouts had nigger babies.

Neil

Has sbr been investigated for Patriotardism?  Just asking.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 15, 2009, 12:26:16 PM
Well, the whole "Betraying Christ" thing would have HAD to come with some consequences...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Whew, his loss was keenly felt last night.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1197744&pos=breaking
QuoteJerod Mayo knee injury not believed to be season-ending
Ian R. Rapoport By Ian R. Rapoport
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - Updated 2h ago

It appears the Patriots [team stats] have dodged a bullet with linebacker Jerod Mayo's right knee injury.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said tonight that he doesn't believe Mayo's injury is season-ending.

"I don't think that's what it is," Belichick said on a conference call with reporters. "Tomorrow when we have the practice report, I'm going to provide you with details on that."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Vince

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 15, 2009, 07:52:55 PM
Whew, his loss was keenly felt last night.

QuoteJerod Mayo knee injury not believed to be season-ending

As long as he's out next week