And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 1 Thread

Started by Neil, September 09, 2009, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 14, 2009, 08:58:10 PM
Good teams make their own luck.  :lol:

Do they? Or do the refs invent rules for them?

What? A fumble? No, Brady just meant to "tuck" it in.
What? Stopped by the Ravens defense? No, we'll give you the time out AFTER the play.
Huh? Poor Tom's knee hurts? We'll make sure defensive players have to get up again to hit a QB.  Ask Carson Palmer how he feels about that one.

Fucking Steelers have nothing on these fucks when it comes to collusion with the league.

Oh, and fuck you, Tim.  Go stick your hand in a food disposal, mkaythx.

Alcibiades

Now for the boring game...incidentally a win or lose in LFFL depends on the SD defense tonight.  :bleeding:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 14, 2009, 09:34:22 PM
Now for the boring game...incidentally a win or lose in LFFL depends on the SD defense tonight.  :bleeding:

I'm just rooting for Oakland to fuck up enough Chargers to spoil their game plan against the Ravens next week.  Maybe Phillip Rivers will step on a nail or something.

CountDeMoney

Oh, and ESPN is reporting that Philly signed Jeff Garcia.  The Stud Is Back!  :yeah

Sophie Scholl

Fuck you refs.  Hard.  If you aren't going to call a fair game, don't let them play. :ultra:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 14, 2009, 10:42:47 PM
Fuck you refs.  Hard.  If you aren't going to call a fair game, don't let them play. :ultra:

vOv  The ball came out. 

Sophie Scholl

After he got both feet down and his ass down.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 14, 2009, 10:48:44 PM
After he got both feet down and his ass down.

And he was unable to hang on to it.  I don't know why it's bullshit that it's called an incomplete pass when the ball is rolling around on the ground under the WR (it's actually laying on the ground, gets knocked up towards his chest by his knee and he picks it back up, you can see it in one of the angles. 10:37 on my DVR).  I guess I could try to screencap it for you if you want, but I've never done that before.  Sucks for the rookie not getting his first TD, but there will be others, I'm sure.

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 14, 2009, 09:02:03 PM
Whoo! :w00t:
:w00t:

Sheesh, I had the Pats written off on that one. Figured it would be a bad game, one they'd have to suck up and deal with. Good game by Buffalo though. Pats had a lot of good offensive stats, but did badly on finishing the plays, getting the points. They're going to need some work.

Sophie Scholl

Every goddamn year.  I feel like CHarlie fucking Brown going to kick the ball with Lucy holding it.  Maybe this time.  But no.  Fuck.  Me. :bleeding:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 15, 2009, 12:41:43 AM
Every goddamn year.  I feel like CHarlie fucking Brown going to kick the ball with Lucy holding it.  Maybe this time.  But no.  Fuck.  Me. :bleeding:

:hug: 

CountDeMoney

110 fantasy points, baby.  Me genius, you not.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2009, 09:35:51 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on September 14, 2009, 09:34:22 PM

I'm just rooting for Oakland to fuck up enough Chargers to spoil their game plan against the Ravens next week.  Maybe Phillip Rivers will step on a nail or something.

Hey, thanks Raiders.

QuoteAKLAND, Calif. -- San Diego Chargers center Nick Hardwick injured his left foot in Monday night's 24-20 victory over the Oakland Raiders and left the Coliseum on crutches and wearing a walking boot.

"I'm fine," Hardwick said afterward, noting he wanted to wait for an official injury report to provide more detail. "I'm emotionally stable."

Star running back LaDainian Tomlinson rolled his ankle, but it wasn't considered serious.

Hardwick was carted off the field midway through the third quarter. He went down blocking on a pass play and was examined for several minutes before leaving.

San Diego also lost right guard Louis Vasquez earlier in the third quarter with a knee injury. He was taken to the locker room.

That left the Chargers with no extra offensive linemen because they only dressed seven.

"I don't know if I've ever been in a game where more guys had to leave the game," coach Norv Turner said. "We took a calculated risk and only had seven linemen up. Things got tight there."

If someone else had gone down, Turner would have turned to fullback-tight end Brandon Manumaleuna to play tackle.

"I don't know what we would have done. We might have had to dress a coach," right tackle Jeromey Clary said.

Turner said he would know more about the injuries Tuesday, but wasn't overly concerned. San Diego has a quick turnaround to face Baltimore at home on Sunday.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 14, 2009, 10:42:47 PM

The Raiders don't get that call, but just a couple hours earlier, the Pats got away with the exact same thing on their last TD.   
That's why the the Raiders are the way the are, and the Pats are the way they are.