Madonna booed in Bucharest for defending gypsies

Started by Capetan Mihali, August 27, 2009, 12:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 27, 2009, 04:35:29 PM
It is a little surprising that he has such feelings of antipathy for Madonna. Why does he even care about her, one way or another? :huh:

She's always finding new ways to annoy me.  And her fans are an entire new layer of annoyance.  But generally yeah, I prefer to ignore her.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

It doesn't matter if it is used on one or a million. Dershits line of attack is always along racial lines. That and his open distaste for anything not white sounds like a racist to me.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

I think youtube must have been reading this thread because this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0&feature=rec-r2 was in my recommended list.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Iormlund on August 27, 2009, 01:42:07 PM

They will take their kids out of school, sometimes when they can barely read.
Without an education, crime is the only path for many if not most.

What is the rationale behind that attitude? :unsure:

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on August 27, 2009, 10:58:29 PM

Education will estrange them from their community is my guess.

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on August 27, 2009, 11:08:52 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 27, 2009, 10:58:29 PM

Education will estrange them from their community is my guess.

Forbidding kids from being educated is one of the most bizarre and crazy cultural traits I've ever heard of.  For this reason I'm not even sure if it is true.  I mean, a lot of Chinese parents will consider the education needs of their children the absolute number one priority, even more important than putting a roof above their head.  Even the worst parents who don't give a shit will just leave the system to handle their kids, and will not actively seek to take their kids away from schools. 

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2009, 09:54:03 PM
She's always finding new ways to annoy me.  And her fans are an entire new layer of annoyance.  But generally yeah, I prefer to ignore her.

Am I: an annoyance? :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on August 27, 2009, 11:17:11 PM
Forbidding kids from being educated is one of the most bizarre and crazy cultural traits I've ever heard of.  For this reason I'm not even sure if it is true.  I mean, a lot of Chinese parents will consider the education needs of their children the absolute number one priority, even more important than putting a roof above their head.  Even the worst parents who don't give a shit will just leave the system to handle their kids, and will not actively seek to take their kids away from schools. 

It's actually pretty well documented. I would guess at paranoid xenophobia myself, and I can't imagine that World War II helped matters either; gypsies were probably close enough to the epicenter to see propaganda in action, especially as it pertained to their being one of the groups that was being slaughtered when caught.
Experience bij!

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Strix on August 27, 2009, 01:41:36 PM
My sister works as a manager of a bar in England. Gypsies will come to town every few months. They'll come into the bar and their leader will come to her with a wad of cash and basically say this is what the gypsies are willing to pay for all the drink, food, and damages that they will do that night. The bar either accept it or not because they are going to do what they will regardless.

Wow.  Gypsies are awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 27, 2009, 11:27:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2009, 09:54:03 PM

Am I: an annoyance? :cry:

Yes. But not too bad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: PRC on August 27, 2009, 08:25:42 PM

I saw that exact scenario with Gypsies in Rome.  The older ones begging while the kids run around picking pockets.  One kid got caught and the guy who had him was holding on hard, not letting him go, and screaming "POLIZZZIIIAAAAA!"

And if you do that you run a pretty decent chance of being seriously beaten by the adult gypos.

Martinus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 27, 2009, 01:46:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2009, 01:43:45 PM
None of which excuses the violence against Gypsies seen recently.

OK, well, how about the violence BY gypsies recently? Tamas was mentioning a few vigilante groups who were stopping pretty much everyone passing through who weren't gypsies.

What Tamas perhaps forgets to mention is that there is a party in Hungary (that actually got some MPs into the European Parliament) the members of which believe in cleansing Hungary of gypsies, Jews and homosexuals.

Martinus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 27, 2009, 11:27:42 PM

It's actually pretty well documented. I would guess at paranoid xenophobia myself, and I can't imagine that World War II helped matters either; gypsies were probably close enough to the epicenter to see propaganda in action, especially as it pertained to their being one of the groups that was being slaughtered when caught.

In Poland, the government has opened a number of schools with Romani language being used in classes and Romani being taught alongside Polish, and gypsy kids are apparently flocking to them.

As for the rest of Europe, well: children of poverty-ridden ethnic minority that has no good grasp of majority language shun schools run exclusively in that language? Gee, color me surprised.

The fact is, as far as Eastern Europe goes, I'd much rather take the gypsies over the resurgent nazis, thank you very much. You guys really have no idea about the extents of European racism and racial hatred, especially in the former Soviety Bloc. I am often called racist on this forum, but my views are pretty much extreme of extreme liberalism when it comes to the local politics.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2009, 01:55:07 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 27, 2009, 01:46:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2009, 01:43:45 PM
None of which excuses the violence against Gypsies seen recently.

OK, well, how about the violence BY gypsies recently? Tamas was mentioning a few vigilante groups who were stopping pretty much everyone passing through who weren't gypsies.

What Tamas perhaps forgets to mention is that there is a party in Hungary (that actually got some MPs into the European Parliament) the members of which believe in cleansing Hungary of gypsies, Jews and homosexuals.

No what he refers to is my hungarian politics thread where I told that a bunch of serial killers (who just got caught btw) kept shooting gypsies in the back during the night after setting their houses on fire. In response to that, gypsies at some villages formed armed "patrols" and it took them less than a day to create a couple of serious incidents because they basically wanted to lynch anyone they did not like (for example: a family with kids in a SUV)

In Hungary, the whole situation is near a breaking point. Because while those armed gypo patrols start to roam, the nazi party Marty mentions is about to "re-form" the local police units which existed during the mid-wars era (called "csendőrség"), at least in name, to "protect order" It is only a matter of time before two of these groups meet, and the remainder of the government's authority withers away.

Yes, the nazis are doing a lot to escalate this, but this is not only the issue of nazis going berserk on colored people, but rather the end result of having an ever-growing cultural-societal problem for 5 decades and keep ignoring it and letting the individuals (both whites and gypsies) trying to deal with it on their own. I imagine it is the same in other east euro countries as well.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2009, 02:02:29 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 27, 2009, 11:27:42 PM

In Poland, the government has opened a number of schools with Romani language being used in classes and Romani being taught alongside Polish, and gypsy kids are apparently flocking to them.

As for the rest of Europe, well: children of poverty-ridden ethnic minority that has no good grasp of majority language shun schools run exclusively in that language? Gee, color me surprised.

The fact is, as far as Eastern Europe goes, I'd much rather take the gypsies over the resurgent nazis, thank you very much. You guys really have no idea about the extents of European racism and racial hatred, especially in the former Soviety Bloc. I am often called racist on this forum, but my views are pretty much extreme of extreme liberalism when it comes to the local politics.

A few remarks: I am glad you would take gypsies over nazis, most gypsies would also rather take you, you have more shiny stuff than the average nazi ;)

Gypsy language: I dont know about Poland but the government's recent decision to have the two major gypsy language present in the country being accepted in town councils (meaning you can ask to have your matter handled in those languages), failed right after start because by statistics, most who claim themselves to be of gypsy ethnicity do not speak any of the native languages, or speak it worse than hungarian.