Madonna booed in Bucharest for defending gypsies

Started by Capetan Mihali, August 27, 2009, 12:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2009, 01:43:45 PM
None of which excuses the violence against Gypsies seen recently.

OK, well, how about the violence BY gypsies recently? Tamas was mentioning a few vigilante groups who were stopping pretty much everyone passing through who weren't gypsies.
Experience bij!

Cecil

Perhaps but then we dont beat our gypos up. You have to ask the easterners about that.

Strix

No one is saying that it should excused. I believe they are saying that there are legitimate issues regarding gypsies that lead to the violence.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Josephus

Quote from: Strix on August 27, 2009, 01:41:36 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 27, 2009, 01:22:53 PM
Cecil, you have to be more specific.

What do the gypsies do that is so wrong?

You be the Judge...

My sister works as a manager of a bar in England. Gypsies will come to town every few months. They'll come into the bar and their leader will come to her with a wad of cash and basically say this is what the gypsies are willing to pay for all the drink, food, and damages that they will do that night. The bar either accept it or not because they are going to do what they will regardless.

That's pretty nice of them to offer up the cash up front, really.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

Wow, you Euros do seem to have lots of problems with Gypsies!   :huh:

Strix

Quote from: Josephus on August 27, 2009, 02:12:46 PM
Quote from: Strix on August 27, 2009, 01:41:36 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 27, 2009, 01:22:53 PM
Cecil, you have to be more specific.

What do the gypsies do that is so wrong?

You be the Judge...

My sister works as a manager of a bar in England. Gypsies will come to town every few months. They'll come into the bar and their leader will come to her with a wad of cash and basically say this is what the gypsies are willing to pay for all the drink, food, and damages that they will do that night. The bar either accept it or not because they are going to do what they will regardless.

That's pretty nice of them to offer up the cash up front, really.

Not being a Euro, my sister gave them shit the first time they came in when she was working. Apparently it impressed them or maybe they found Americans funny but they always have been polite to her and made payment since.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Sahib

Quote from: KRonn on August 27, 2009, 02:15:01 PM

Gypsies are new Jew :nods:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Razgovory

Quote from: Sahib on August 27, 2009, 03:07:13 PM
Quote from: KRonn on August 27, 2009, 02:15:01 PM

Gypsies are new Jew :nods:

Well they had to find someone to replace the old ones.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I'd say this is more predjudice against overly rich Americans telling them what to do than against the gypsies.
██████
██████
██████

Habsburg

Well it's no wonder most of the Balkans joined the Axis.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Valmy

Quote from: Habsburg on August 27, 2009, 03:18:02 PM

Most?  Bulgaria and Romania are most?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:24:08 PM

And Hungary.  I think that is most of the Balkans, since only Yugoslavia was left.

Or does Greece count as the Balkans?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:24:08 PM

Hungary too.  Also Croatia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017