Madonna booed in Bucharest for defending gypsies

Started by Capetan Mihali, August 27, 2009, 12:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and they found MOST cooperative leaders in Jugoslavia.

In the civilized parts of Europe, the only men that could be found to run local Nazi governments were senile old war heroes. The real leaders formed resistance groups..

In the Balkans, "Lets get rid of the Jews and Gypsies, then we'll worry about independence!"
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2009, 03:26:13 PM
And Hungary.  I think that is most of the Balkans, since only Yugoslavia was left.

Or does Greece count as the Balkans?   :huh:

Balkans in 1939 = Yugoslavia, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania.

Greece and Hungary are not Balkan countries (though you can call them Balkan countries when you really want to annoy them).
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2009, 03:26:45 PM
Hungary too.  Also Croatia.

And Bulgaria saved its Jews and Romania pretty much only joined because its allies had all been conquered and then the Soviet Union swooped in and took Bessarabia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:27:54 PM
And Hungary.  I think that is most of the Balkans, since only Yugoslavia was left.

Or does Greece count as the Balkans?   :huh:

Greece and Hungary are not Balkan countries (though you can call them Balkan countries when you really want to annoy them).

Greece = as Balkan as you can get. You could maybe make a weak argument they are not part of the Balkans geographically, but culturally and politically they are as Balkan as Serbia or Bosnia.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on August 27, 2009, 03:29:51 PM
Greece = as Balkan as you can get. You could maybe make a weak argument they are not part of the Balkans geographically, but culturally and politically they are as Balkan as Serbia or Bosnia.

Fair enough but they didn't join the Axis.

Jaron

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:27:54 PM

Or does Greece count as the Balkans?   :huh:

Albania was controlled by Italy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:29:43 PM
And Bulgaria saved its Jews and Romania pretty much only joined because its allies had all been conquered and then the Soviet Union swooped in and took Bessarabia.

I notice you don't mention what Romania did with its Jews...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habsburg

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:29:43 PM

Balkan Nazi apologist.  :contract:

Sahib

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:24:08 PM
Quote from: Habsburg on August 27, 2009, 03:18:02 PM
Well it's no wonder most of the Balkans joined the Axis.

Most?  Bulgaria and Romania are most?

Hungary is hardly  Balkans.
Anyway, all except the Ustashe were basically coerced into Axis, so I don't think it's entirely fair comment.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Habsburg

Quote from: Sahib on August 27, 2009, 04:22:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:24:08 PM
Quote from: Habsburg on August 27, 2009, 03:18:02 PM
Well it's no wonder most of the Balkans joined the Axis.

Most?  Bulgaria and Romania are most?

Hungary is hardly  Balkans.
Anyway, all except the Ustashe were basically coerced into Axis, so I don't think it's entirely fair comment.

Next thing will be you and Valmy explaining Rumania, Bulgaria, and Ungarn joined because the majority of their populations couldn't read.

"I hurd dey ver lookin fur Ghuards!!"

Josephus

Of course what's missed in this whole thread is the obvious point.

WTF is Madonna doing in Romania. Has her career tanked that poorly? WTF tours in Bucharest?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jaron

With Romanians, she is lucky they didn't drag her off the stage right then and there and lynch her.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2009, 12:46:15 PM
Romanians just went up a few notches in my book.

Not surprised to see you side with racists.