The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 09:47:08 PM
How about a protest that at times turned violent?

Well I would be interested in the wheres and hows sure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 09:50:11 PM
Smartass.

Sometimes.

But not this time. I am honestly curious how this protest/riot whatever went down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2017, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 07:44:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2017, 07:39:49 PM
No passport, WTF?

Never needed to go anywhere.

And the back up plan if you needed to suddenly go somewhere? Wait 6-8 weeks for processing?
Hit the woods where no one will find him?  That is my plan anyway.   :ph34r:

I just don't know if I'll survive 48hrs without internet.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

LaCroix

Quote from: 11B4V on January 20, 2017, 09:39:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2017, 09:38:26 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 20, 2017, 09:36:18 PM
there are different degrees of violence

Sure. But a violent riot conjures up very different imagery than sporadic vandalism.

sure, and the news reports don't have to use harsh language, but that's what happens -- things get overblown.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on January 20, 2017, 10:02:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2017, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 07:44:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2017, 07:39:49 PM
No passport, WTF?

Never needed to go anywhere.

And the back up plan if you needed to suddenly go somewhere? Wait 6-8 weeks for processing?
Hit the woods where no one will find him?  That is my plan anyway.   :ph34r:

I just don't know if I'll survive 48hrs without internet.

Seedy doesn't strike me as a woodsey type guy.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

LaCroix

oh my god, that's insanely amazing

nm, it's fake  :(