News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

being fair to the president of our nation is pretty reasonable. otherwise, you get things like birtherism

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 21, 2017, 07:18:21 PM
well, trump has shown he actually cares for those close around him. that's pretty big when discussing terms like NPD, sociopath, etc.

He has shown that he wants you to think he cares about those close around him.  That's entirely consistent with pathological narcissism, sociopath, etc. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 21, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
being fair to the president of our nation is pretty reasonable. otherwise, you get things like birtherism

The argument that we have to ignore evidence in order to be "fair" isn't "pretty reasonable" at all.  That's how you get holocaust denial and climate change "skeptics."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Thanks grumbles, you are saying it much nicer than i was about to. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2017, 07:39:32 PMHe has shown that he wants you to think he cares about those close around him.  That's entirely consistent with pathological narcissism, sociopath, etc.

more that it was, as one example, insider reports about trump's guilt about firing lewandowski. that's a huge assumption that every instance trump has shown he cares about someone is actually part of his diabolical plan to convince everyone he's not NPD, a sociopath, or whatever.

re: your second post, looking at the facts is great and should be encouraged more than relying on feelings

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 21, 2017, 07:56:57 PM
more that it was, as one example, insider reports about trump's guilt about firing lewandowski. that's a huge assumption that every instance trump has shown he cares about someone is actually part of his diabolical plan to convince everyone he's not NPD, a sociopath, or whatever.

re: your second post, looking at the facts is great and should be encouraged more than relying on feelings

So someone said that someone else ("an insider") said that Trump felt guilty about firing someone.  Excellent evidence.  It certainly outweighs the fact that you, yourself, could see that it was raining during Trump's speech, Trump knows that millions of people saw this themselves, and yet Trump still insists that the sun was shining.

No, nothing pathological there.  Nosiree, Bob.  happens to everyday people all the time, just like everyday people boast that they can grab women by the pussy and get away with it because women find them so irresistibly  sexy.

A rumor that some insider may have said something isn't evidence of anything.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 21, 2017, 07:47:29 PM
Trump's inauguration speech

He failed to expand enough lies into whoppers to keep the pattern going.

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2017, 08:07:44 PMSo someone said that someone else ("an insider") said that Trump felt guilty about firing someone.  Excellent evidence.  It certainly outweighs the fact that you, yourself, could see that it was raining during Trump's speech, Trump knows that millions of people saw this themselves, and yet Trump still insists that the sun was shining.

No, nothing pathological there.  Nosiree, Bob.  happens to everyday people all the time, just like everyday people boast that they can grab women by the pussy and get away with it because women find them so irresistibly  sexy.

A rumor that some insider may have said something isn't evidence of anything.

:huh:

trump couldn't even fire lewandowski -- he had someone else do it because he reportedly felt really bad about it. and dude, that's one example. there's his trust in his son-in-law, his clear love for ivanka, etc. you seem unwilling to admit that trump has the ability to care, and that's really revealing about how you view him -- in your eyes, he's literally worse than hitler, who cared for animals, his mother, etc. this is exactly what I mean when I keep going on about how people shouldn't just assume the worst because they hate trump; that's exactly what people did with obama for years. it was shitty of them to do that, and it's shitty now.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2017, 05:44:17 PM
Love seeing all the pussy hats today. I spent bulk of day at the MoMA which is finally worth its price tag. Snippets of political conversations heard to are all about having avoided the news yesterday and disengagement from the rest of the country.

Still need to decide if I'm going to see part of the march before heading to the airport.

Rally/march was a sight to behold. I'd never seen that many people in the civic center, made gay pride look like a small, intimate gathering. A lot of spirit of goodwill in city today. Well up until there was that dude on the BART with a MAGA hat. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2017, 07:41:27 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 21, 2017, 07:22:54 PM

The argument that we have to ignore evidence in order to be "fair" isn't "pretty reasonable" at all.  That's how you get holocaust denial and climate change "skeptics."

:thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 21, 2017, 08:19:56 PM
:huh:

trump couldn't even fire lewandowski -- he had someone else do it because he reportedly felt really bad about it. and dude, that's one example. there's his trust in his son-in-law, his clear love for ivanka, etc. you seem unwilling to admit that trump has the ability to care, and that's really revealing about how you view him -- in your eyes, he's literally worse than hitler, who cared for animals, his mother, etc. this is exactly what I mean when I keep going on about how people shouldn't just assume the worst because they hate trump; that's exactly what people did with obama for years. it was shitty of them to do that, and it's shitty now.

Now you are just getting silly.  Anecdotes are not evidence of anything, and the moment you start telling me what I am saying and why I am saying it, and in doing so top it off with falling afoul of Godin's Law, I am done. 

If you want to have an intellectual argument about Trump, take a step back, kick yourself in the ass for the lame "worse than Hitler" analogy, and decide that you are going to just argue against what I am saying, not against your own strawman arguments about what I am saying.  Until you assure me that this will be your approach, I'm done discussing this with you.  You've lost by GL anyway.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney