The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

sounds like more people showed up at the protest march than at the inauguration  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on January 21, 2017, 05:53:13 PM
sounds like more people showed up at the protest march than at the inauguration  :lol:

Trump's poor ego.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

these protests should continue for years if it distracts trump

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2017, 05:54:25 PM

Trump's poor ego.

Should've seen Spicer's first WH "press briefing":  lectured the media on their coverage of the inauguration, and the size of the attendance between yesterday and today. It's always about size and numbers for The Donald.

Liep

The White House press secretary gave a statement on the inauguration crowd size. "This was the most watched inauguration ever. Period." The white flooring made it look like a smaller crowd, apparently.

Wow.

He's really pissed off. Ranting about tweets from the media, that they are covering the wrong stuff, etc.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Post-statement tweets from Washington reporters in disbelief are fun, but you know, also frightening.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

If Donald J. Trump says he looked up and there were a million and a half people there, there were a million and half people there, because Donald J. Trump knows crowd estimates.

QuoteTrump also claimed that the rain should have scared people away, "But God looked down, and He said, 'We're not going to let it rain on your speech,'" and that, though he "got hit by a couple of drops" when he started his speech that the rain "stopped immediately ...and then it became really sunny."

In fact, neither of those claims is true, and it was raining during Trump's speech and remained overcast and cloudy.

We are all going to die.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2017, 05:57:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2017, 05:54:25 PM

Trump's poor ego.

Should've seen Spicer's first WH "press briefing":  lectured the media on their coverage of the inauguration, and the size of the attendance between yesterday and today. It's always about size and numbers for The Donald.
what a long four years.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Monoriu

I still can't believe that you guys elected this man as your president. 

Oh well.  Time to face reality I guess. 

alfred russel

It is probably better for Trump to have the media focus on this stuff rather than what he is actually doing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Quote from: Monoriu on January 21, 2017, 06:21:00 PM
I still can't believe that you guys elected this man as your president. 

Oh well.  Time to face reality I guess.
Dont look at me. Talk to lacroix and derspiess

LaCroix

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2017, 06:18:06 PM
what a long four years.

Enjoy every moment of it.  We're not likely to see anything this surreal again in our lifetimes.

LaCroix insists that Trump isn't pathologically narcissistic, and yet Trump lies frequently, blatantly, and with no concern at all that everyone can see that the trump has no clothes.  If willful rejection of reality in favor of the fantasy that the sun was shining during his speech isn't pathological, nothing is.  The sun simply had to be shining, because it is not possible for a Trump inauguration to have anything bad associated with it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

well, trump has shown he actually cares for those close around him. that's pretty big when discussing terms like NPD, sociopath, etc.

katmai