The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

LaCroix

CountDeMoney

So my sis and oldest niece went to DC today, and Mom and Dad went to a rally at Hopkins.

But someone had to be the adult today and take my littlest niece to gymnastics class. :lol:

Phillip V

I slept in and am planning to do laundry now.  Friends sending me messages and pics to go protest with them, but I've never been a fan of crowds. Meh...

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2017, 12:20:25 PM
So my sis and oldest niece went to DC today, and Mom and Dad went to a rally at Hopkins.

But someone had to be the adult today and take my littlest niece to gymnastics class. :lol:

GIRLS RULE
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on January 21, 2017, 12:26:49 PM
I slept in and am planning to do laundry now.  Friends sending me messages and pics to go protest with them, but I've never been a fan of crowds. Meh...

Yeah, never been a rally/protest/parade person...all it rakes is one knucklehead and you're the one going in the wagon.

Besides, you want change, the only thing that works is voting, money and explosives.  Anything else is just jerking off.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2017, 12:30:05 PM
GIRLS RULE

Don't you have a home improvement project to do today? That dance pole isn't going to install itself, Daddy.

derspiess

That was a sign my Filipino buddy's daughter took to the protest thingie in DC. Looks like her mom made it, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Guess she better start working on her ping pong ball routine, then.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2017, 08:46:36 AM

Seriously though, that's not really an appropriate wrap for a departure gift. 

Should have been red, white, and blue.

Syt

Quote from: dps on January 21, 2017, 01:18:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2017, 08:46:36 AM

Seriously though, that's not really an appropriate wrap for a departure gift. 

Should have been red, white, and blue.

Golden.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Love seeing all the pussy hats today. I spent bulk of day at the MoMA which is finally worth its price tag. Snippets of political conversations heard to are all about having avoided the news yesterday and disengagement from the rest of the country.

Still need to decide if I'm going to see part of the march before heading to the airport.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.