The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

The Trump WH just announced that there will only be two balls at the Convention Center, and one at the Armed Forces ball attended by the POTUS and First Lady.

Trump has requested that the song he will dance with his wife to at the main inaugural ball will be Frank Sinatra's "My Way."

No, really.  This is happening now.

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 04:49:04 PM
The Trump WH just announced that there will only be two balls at the Convention Center, and one at the Armed Forces ball attended by the POTUS and First Lady.

Trump has requested that the song he will dance with his wife to at the main inaugural ball will be Frank Sinatra's "My Way."

Is he suicide bombing the ball? Or has he already received the nuclear codes?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on January 20, 2017, 03:10:04 PM
Also break out your best vodka, and toast the russians, who made it happen.

The Obama era was going to end regardless of what the Russians did.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 04:49:04 PM

What's the issue? :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 04:57:28 PM
What's the issue? :unsure:

You can't dance to a jazz-pop ballad at only 70-some beats per minute.   :rolleyes:  Fucking mouthbreathers, man.  Fuck.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 02:58:36 PM
You said "big roll", as in, a big dinner roll that has lots of carbs.  Get it? :(

I thought it was funny, but couldn't think of a good carb related reply before I had to go to a meeting :(

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 04:55:27 PM
The Obama era was going to end regardless of what the Russians did.

The TPP might have survived though!

Nah, probably not.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

There are farm tractors going past empty seats at the reviewing stand, that still doesn't have the POTUS.

Surreal.  Shortest inaugural parade in decades, so far behind schedule.  :lol:  This parade route isn't designed for after-dark.

Post Blog
4:48 PM
January 20 by Antonio Olivo
Disappointment with parade: 'It's almost like a funeral'

Near the end of the parade at 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, the crowd was quiet. Some people took selfies as the various military color guards passed by. Otherwise, silence when the vehicles cruised past.

"It's almost like a funeral," Scott McGrady, 50, said to no one in particular.

A regular inaugural parade attendee since Richard Nixon took the oath of office in 1969, McGrady said he was excited to be in the spot along the parade route where the new president usually gets out to walk among the people.

Trump did not do that. The president's limousine rolled by the grandstand, and inside, Trump appeared to be looking straight ahead.

McGrady, an air conditioner salesman from Annapolis, clapped anyway. He voted for Trump and is hopeful that the new administration will boost the economy.

"I'm a salesman," he said. "Whenever the economy improves, it's good for me."

Still, he was disappointed by the crowd's mood, and that Trump didn't step outside — especially so close to the new Trump Hotel.

"I thought he'd see that as a photo opp for sure," McGrady said. "I mean, he's supposed to be a man of the people. I know that sounds negative since I voted for him. But he should have got out."

As Vice President Pence passed by, McGrady and about a dozen others in the grandstand clapped again.

Nearby, a man turned to his girlfriend to remark on the quiet.

"It's so much more peaceful on this side," he said.

CountDeMoney

Syt

Second online petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/divest-or-put-blind-trust-all-presidents-business-and-financial-assets

QuoteDivest or put in a blind trust all of the President's business and financial assets

In keeping with tradition and to avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest, corruption, and violations of the emoluments clause of the US Constitution, President Trump should divest his financial and business holdings or have them administered by a truly blind trust.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.