The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Maybe they did. And he agreed to not lock her up :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Guys wanna watch a riot in progress? Turn on MSNBC...DC Metro riot cops are launching tear gas cannisters and flash bang grenades on K Street, near the Washington Post. 

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 01:54:26 PM
Guys wanna watch a riot in progress? Turn on MSNBC...DC Metro riot cops are launching tear gas cannisters and flash bang grenades on K Street, near the Washington Post.

Tomorrow's gonna be fun
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Heard from a Danish reporter trying to use the Washington metro that police were insane, "playing Rambo". Maybe it's just not what we're used to from our police but it sounded bad.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 20, 2017, 01:55:26 PM
Tomorrow's gonna be fun

Meh, tomorrow's all chicks and gays.  It's just going to be glares, dirty looks and rolleyes.

And to think I was going to go see Rogue One; might as well watch the Empire win live on TV.  :lol:

Oexmelin

The militarization of the police in the US, complete with a mentality that protesters are enemies to be contained, rather than citizens to be protected, has been going on for years.
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on January 20, 2017, 01:56:49 PM

Heard from a Danish reporter trying to use the Washington metro that police were insane, "playing Rambo". Maybe it's just not what we're used to from our police but it sounded bad.

This is the Presidential Inauguration.  It doesn't get much more locked down than this from a Homeland Security standpoint.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on January 20, 2017, 01:55:26 PM
Tomorrow's gonna be fun

Meh, tomorrow's all chicks and gays.  It's just going to be glares, dirty looks and rolleyes.

And to think I was going to go see Rogue One; might as well watch the Empire win live on TV.  :lol:

If only it were snowing and rioters were trying to "AT-AT" the presidential motorcade.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 20, 2017, 01:59:04 PM
The militarization of the police in the US, complete with a mentality that protesters are enemies to be contained, rather than citizens to be protected, has been going on for years.

Yep. Decades even.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Phillip V

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 20, 2017, 01:59:04 PM

Protesters should apply to become police officers.

Syt

Quote from: Liep on January 20, 2017, 11:49:32 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 20, 2017, 11:47:57 AM
The discrepancy between Trump's concert and Obama's was bigger than I even thought possible.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8618452/donald-trump-barack-obama-inaugural-concert-crowds/
An estimated 10,000 versus an estimated 400,000.

Spin: Republicans are hard working and don't have time to travel freely like the hippie Obama-lovers.

Actual, unedited post by my sister just now:

QuoteThey say that the crowd was a lot smaller compared to Obamas inauguration. Could it be because most of Trump supporters have a job they needed to be at?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I thought people voted for Trump because they had no job because the evil establishment sent them all to China? Huh.

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2017, 02:18:15 PM
I thought people voted for Trump because they had no job because the evil establishment sent them all to China? Huh.

No it's because they couldn't afford the stuff Trump produced in China.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

You got that wrong. People with jobs voted Trump as shepherds of their unemployed brethren, so Trump could provide them with jobs, so that they didn't have to mooch off of working people's taxes anymore. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Meh, piss on it.  I'm going to get a couple burgers at Five Guys.  It's that kind of depressing.  Time for some comfort food and a hypertensive crisis.

Besides, the way they've been going at my healthcare like it's fucking personal, why bother anymore?  :lol: