The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 07:47:23 PM
You do now :contract:

Just to avoid the radioactive cloud from the atmospheric detonations.  In the meantime I'm still white and male, derniggerhater. 

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 20, 2017, 04:27:33 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 20, 2017, 03:10:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 02:59:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 02:44:30 PM
And you go right ahead, enjoy that victory meal. 

We bustin' out the steaks tonight :yeah:

Also break out your best vodka, and toast the russians, who made it happen.

We're having tacos.  :)

Margs and burritos at my late lunch and then Japanese later this eve. Who knows how long such foods will be permissible?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 07:44:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2017, 07:39:49 PM
No passport, WTF?

Never needed to go anywhere.

And the back up plan if you needed to suddenly go somewhere? Wait 6-8 weeks for processing?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 06:13:16 PM
I guess those Starbucks locations smashed up themselves.

People were clearly still mad about the red cup thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2017, 05:23:32 PM
Second online petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/divest-or-put-blind-trust-all-presidents-business-and-financial-assets

QuoteDivest or put in a blind trust all of the President's business and financial assets

In keeping with tradition and to avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest, corruption, and violations of the emoluments clause of the US Constitution, President Trump should divest his financial and business holdings or have them administered by a truly blind trust.
That's one of those "duh!" petitions.  Yes, trump should divest his financial and business holdings and have them administered by a truly blind trust, but only if he wants to "avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest, corruption, and violations of the emoluments clause of the US Constitution."  I don't think he particularly wants to do that, and a petition that just says what someone should do isn't worth shit.  You could petition that Trump actually do something, but it makes no sense to petition that he should do something.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Interesting...almost all of the 24/7 news channels are running commentary (their regular talking head shows really) during the Inaugural shows...except CNN, which is showing them almost entirely without commentary (just commercial breaks, with the video still in a PiP).  :P

Zoupa

Quote from: LaCroix on January 20, 2017, 07:16:13 PM
should the news not report riots? or do you mean it should be a page five item?

Page 5 yeah. 4 businesses damaged and a limo got its windows broken. ANARCHY!!!!

I'm sure Fox News et al. will feed the white losers in mittel amerikkka their fair and balanced spin on it, as is their wont.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 20, 2017, 07:16:13 PM
should the news not report riots? or do you mean it should be a page five item?

Yes, we need to have front-page reports when trash cans get overturned or store windows get broken.  The term "riot" is hilariously overblown when used to describe the disturbances in DC. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

I think a violent riot protesting the presidential inauguration is an important news story

(edit) if it gets overblown, it gets overblown. that doesn't make it a trivial, non-newsworthy story

HisMajestyBOB

If they were rampaging through Capitol Heights with Reince Preibus's head on a pike, then it'd be newsworthy. But alas, they weren't, so it isn't.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

LaCroix

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 20, 2017, 09:25:50 PM
If they were rampaging through Capitol Heights with Reince Preibus's head on a pike, then it'd be newsworthy. But alas, they weren't, so it isn't.

:lol: now that's some standard