Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Zanza

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2016, 10:34:49 AM
So for all the European and Corbynite requests that Article 50 is activated immediately....It may take some time :mellow:

I doubt I'll live to see anything as seismic as this in UK politics again.
Every month you wait is a month where I would seriously question investment in Britain as a company. Without knowing what the political conditions and framework will be, an investment that has a business case on margin will always be postponed due to risk. That's what will hurt your economy.

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2016, 11:14:32 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2016, 11:12:36 AM
One reporter described the mood among Labour MPs as 'the country's fucked, the party's fucked, might as well take out the leader' :lol:

:D

One other bright spot, other than the turnout, is the now inevitable end of George Osborne's political career.   :cool:
I am genuinely annoyed at how little joy I can take from Osborne's downfall.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2016, 10:34:49 AM
So for all the European and Corbynite requests that Article 50 is activated immediately....It may take some time :mellow:

I doubt I'll live to see anything as seismic as this in UK politics again.

Well I sure hope so. By that I mean you live a very long time not that you die next year or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2016, 11:18:32 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2016, 11:14:32 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2016, 11:12:36 AM
One reporter described the mood among Labour MPs as 'the country's fucked, the party's fucked, might as well take out the leader' :lol:

:D

One other bright spot, other than the turnout, is the now inevitable end of George Osborne's political career.   :cool:
I am genuinely annoyed at how little joy I can take from Osborne's downfall.

How about you save it up for BoJo's defeat at the hands of T.May?   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2016, 11:01:01 AM
Will he be compared to Napoleon III in future?

The man is not fit to wipe Napoleon III's boots :angry:

Though at least Cameron did not foolishly try to convince somebody Mexico was a fair trade for Venice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zanza

mongers

I've just heard Gove talking about Cameron on Radio 4 PM, what a fucking hypocrite, I hope he falls under a notional political bus. 

Sheilbh

Nicholas Soames when the ring for last orders?
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2016, 11:27:26 AM
Nicholas Soames when the ring for last orders?

For the country or his and Ken Clarke's honourable wing of the Tory party?

Sheilbh

Lord Livermore,  formerly of No 10 and the Treasury saying London should seek independence :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

We watched the Ealing comedy Passport to Pimlico last night, just before the referendum program started; quite apposite really.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041737/

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2016, 11:31:57 AM
Lord Livermore,  formerly of No 10 and the Treasury saying London should seek independence :lol:

The Republic of Bexley will defend its sovereign borders with zeal.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 24, 2016, 10:09:05 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2016, 09:32:31 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on June 24, 2016, 08:47:44 AM
Quote from: Zanza on June 24, 2016, 08:42:40 AM
So your constitutional crisis is not just that you have a severely limited freedom of action for the government and parliament but also that all of a sudden your regions claim to have a say in foreign policy? What is this nonsense?

The Kingdom of Scotland, the Principality of Wales and the remnant portion of the Kingdom of Ireland are hardly regions. Scotland in particular needs to be in the position almost of a co-negotiator given the political situation.

London, however...that's really stretching it.

:huh:

The power centre of the UK which is clearly at odds with the majority opinion of the UK shouldn't have a say?

It's the power centre of the uk  because it's where all our educated people from around the country have to live.

I wonder what the traditional Londoner vote was like

60% of London voted to remain, some boroughs were up to 70%.

Not sure what your first statement is meant to convey.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy