Star Wars - Impressions, no spoilers, just impressions!

Started by Berkut, December 16, 2015, 11:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How good is the new Star Wars flick overall?

Awesome! A: Best Star Wars movie yet, Abrams and Co. found the right mix of action and story!
8 (14.3%)
B: Very, very good! Probaby not up there with the best of the series, but vastly better than any of 1/2/3, and mostly met our lofty expectations!
30 (53.6%)
C: Solid. Better than the 1/2/3 disasters, but missed on the story in some ways, not as good as 4/5/6 overall
11 (19.6%)
D: Uggh. Are we sure Lucas wasn't involved?
1 (1.8%)
F: I miss JarJar
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Josquius

Really aren't going to yell about it being the best ever but yay.  It was good
██████
██████
██████

Syt

http://imgur.com/a/c7Hgd

QuoteMy mom bought this back in the 80's and forgot about it in the back of a drawer. Today she gave it to me as a Christmas gift! I'm amazed!

Going to be holding on to this forever!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Good job, mom.  Kid could have gotten a free Admiral Akbar.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Ohhh... back from when Ep. VI was still called "Revenge of the Jedi". Bet that's worth a pretty penny for the Comic Book Guys of this world.

lustindarkness

Only $2.50, it says it right on the price tag people!  :rolleyes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Could you guys name all 48 of those characters without looking at the print?

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2015, 01:55:04 PM
Could you guys name all 48 of those characters without looking at the print?

I got 30 of them.  :blush:

And some I missed because the photo doesn't look sharp enough.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on December 30, 2015, 12:22:35 PM
Ohhh... back from when Ep. VI was still called "Return of the Jedi". Bet that's worth a pretty penny for the Comic Book Guys of this world.

Fixed!  :nerd:

The Brain

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 30, 2015, 06:57:16 PM
Ohhh... back from when Ep. VI was still called "Return of the Jedi". Bet that's worth a pretty penny for the Comic Book Guys of this world.

:unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on December 30, 2015, 07:15:19 PM

Working title lasted in merchandising, unlike the movie. There is a Revenge of the Sith that appeared later though if you really need it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 30, 2015, 07:21:27 PM

Working title lasted in merchandising, unlike the movie. There is a Revenge of the Sith that appeared later though if you really need it.

Yes, we got that. Cel has the chronology right, so your "fix" doesn't really make sense.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 30, 2015, 08:28:55 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 30, 2015, 07:21:27 PM

Yes, we got that. Cel has the chronology right, so your "fix" doesn't really make sense.

:secret: I was being facetious with all the byzantine nerd debate going on about the new Star Wars.

MadImmortalMan

Syt--Some trader did an analysis a while back of all the investments of the 2000s to find out which one gave the best percentage yield. S&P 500, bonds, Nasdaq, FTSE, Dax, Nikkei, etc. The best percentage yield came from buying a Lego Millennium Falcon.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

lustindarkness

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 30, 2015, 09:05:04 PM
Syt--Some trader did an analysis a while back of all the investments of the 2000s to find out which one gave the best percentage yield. S&P 500, bonds, Nasdaq, FTSE, Dax, Nikkei, etc. The best percentage yield came from buying a Lego Millennium Falcon.  :lol:

Very nice.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.