Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 12, 2016, 09:45:57 PM
Welp. My house and our two cars just got the shit kicked out of them by some nice racquetball sized+ hail.  Her windshield now has some sweet cracks all over it.  My truck just has some gigantic dents.

Hopefully your insurance covers the damage  :)

MadBurgerMaker

Damn!  My left blinker is screwed up too.  I noticed my mirror, which was folded in last night, was needing to be readjusted, then when I went to hit the blinker when leaving the neighborhood, it started doing that fast blinking thing.  Once I got here to work I checked, it's the light in the outside of the mirror that took the hit and isn't working (the inside mirror LED and front + back are okay), and it looks like there's water in there. :bleeding:

Photos from the area: http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/hail-pelts-citys-north-side

The HEB (grocery store) near my house that I go to had all the skylights blasted out, so it was raining and hailing inside the store.   

Brazen

I have an infestation of silverfish (the insects) and clothes moths. In a block of flats with interconnected utilities, the only way to get rid of them seems to be to burn the place to the ground. Or take off and nuke it from orbit, obvs.

Grey Fox

I have silverfishes but I have never seen more than 1 at once. It may be a time loop.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Brazen on April 13, 2016, 09:16:53 AM
I have an infestation of silverfish (the insects) and clothes moths. In a block of flats with interconnected utilities, the only way to get rid of them seems to be to burn the place to the ground. Or take off and nuke it from orbit, obvs.

Burn to ground first, then nuke from orbit to cover your tracks?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

That's quite close:

QuoteAn U.S. Navy picture shows what appears to be a Russian Sukhoi SU-24 attack aircraft making a very low pass close to the U.S. guided missile destroyer USS Donald Cook in the Baltic Sea in this picture taken April 12, 2016 and released April 13, 2016.

Article here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-simulatedattack-idUSKCN0XA1UW?utm_source=twitter
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

lustindarkness

Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2016, 06:24:36 PM
That's quite close:

QuoteAn U.S. Navy picture shows what appears to be a Russian Sukhoi SU-24 attack aircraft making a very low pass close to the U.S. guided missile destroyer USS Donald Cook in the Baltic Sea in this picture taken April 12, 2016 and released April 13, 2016.

Article here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-simulatedattack-idUSKCN0XA1UW?utm_source=twitter

:hmm: Tim has not started a thread on this. Yet.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2016, 06:24:36 PM
That's quite close:

Article here:

Shoot down the Russian piece of shit, FFS.

QuoteWhite House spokesman Josh Earnest said, "This incident ... is entirely inconsistent with the professional norms of militaries operating in proximity to each other in international water and international airspace."

Gee, I bet Putin is shaking in his jackboots. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Yes, I'm sure shooting the plane down would gain us so much international street cred.

We're not Turks.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on April 13, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

The best part is that several slips have been torn off.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2016, 04:44:22 AM
The best part is that several slips have been torn off.

That's just marketing 101.  If you ever put up a poster with little slips to pull with your phone number, you remove a couple slips yourself, to make it seem like whatever crap you're selling is in demand. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on April 13, 2016, 10:36:40 PM
Yes, I'm sure shooting the plane down would gain us so much international street cred.

We're not Turks.

I don't care about international street cred. The rest of the world hates us anyway; might as well do what we want.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2016, 10:11:23 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 13, 2016, 10:36:40 PM

We're not Turks.

I don't care about international street cred. The rest of the world hates us anyway; might as well do what we want.

I don't care that they hate us, but it sucks that they don't respect us.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom