And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2016, 09:42:06 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2016, 04:44:22 AM
The best part is that several slips have been torn off.

That's just marketing 101.  If you ever put up a poster with little slips to pull with your phone number, you remove a couple slips yourself, to make it seem like whatever crap you're selling is in demand. :contract:
... Sold a lot of rubber fists have you? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

I love how comments on Breitbart about the story with a plane are only of two varieties:

1. Obama sucks. Putin would have never dared to try something like this with Cruz or Trump at the helm.

2. Obama sucks. Putin rocks. Trump would have been best friends with him and they would stamp out Islam together.

Sometimes, both in the same comment.  :hmm:

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 14, 2016, 10:17:19 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2016, 09:42:06 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2016, 04:44:22 AM
The best part is that several slips have been torn off.

That's just marketing 101.  If you ever put up a poster with little slips to pull with your phone number, you remove a couple slips yourself, to make it seem like whatever crap you're selling is in demand. :contract:
... Sold a lot of rubber fists have you? :unsure:

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 14, 2016, 10:17:07 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2016, 10:11:23 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 13, 2016, 10:36:40 PM
Yes, I'm sure shooting the plane down would gain us so much international street cred.

We're not Turks.

I don't care about international street cred. The rest of the world hates us anyway; might as well do what we want.

I don't care that they hate us, but it sucks that they don't respect us.

And come on, exploding Su-24 footage would just be flat-out fun to watch.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2016, 10:24:31 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on April 14, 2016, 10:17:07 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2016, 10:11:23 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 13, 2016, 10:36:40 PM
Yes, I'm sure shooting the plane down would gain us so much international street cred.

We're not Turks.

I don't care about international street cred. The rest of the world hates us anyway; might as well do what we want.

I don't care that they hate us, but it sucks that they don't respect us.

And come on, exploding Su-24 footage would just be flat-out fun to watch.

True, but it will be a few headlines below the lgbt using what bathrooms and trump and cruz crap, and maybe kim kardashian. So still, we earn no respect in the world. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Maybe some would start to fear us again.  And fear is a reasonable substitute for respect.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

On the golf course first time this year.  Played 9 this morning, playing 9 more this afternoon.  3 blow up holes, everything else reasonable.

derspiess

Golf is so much more fun when I don't give a shit.  Or when I play well.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2016, 10:28:13 AM
Maybe some would start to fear us again.  And fear is a reasonable substitute for respect.

We could annihilate everyone in seconds. If we act crazy enough to do it, it may destabilize things :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

that worked well in 2001.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on April 14, 2016, 01:24:32 PM
that worked well in 2001.

You actually kind of made my point.  We weren't feared in 2001.  Not until Sept. 12 of that year anyway.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2016, 01:31:42 PM
You actually kind of made my point.  We weren't feared in 2001.  Not until Sept. 12 of that year anyway.

We should hold the world hostage for 1 million dollars.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

We can just start with blowing up Su-24s and then see where that takes us.

Eddie Teach

We want the world to be afraid of how much they love us.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

I can buy whisky (no hate on Ireland, Jim Beam or Jack Daniels) online. There's also a gun shopping network. Which appears to be targeted exclusively at women.

Actually, I've been getting wine by FedEx for years.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers