News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

As far as poems go, it's not too bad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 18, 2016, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 18, 2016, 04:14:04 AM
I buy x.com and y.com
If I buy hosting it only applies to x.com or y.com
I can't use the same hosting with two directories for the 2 domains. The most I can do is have hosting for x.com and a redirect from y.com to somewhere on x.com

You could, it is just not the way hosting companies sell their product to the public.

This.  I have two sites running on the physical hardware that serves Languish.  If you ware willing to lease a Virtual Private Server and do all the systems administration yourself, you can as well.  Web servers support what is known as virtual hosts.  It allows multiple domain names to resolve to the same IP address.  When the web server gets a request it decides what content to serve based on the name associated with it. When you buy the super-cheap "shared hosting" the hosting provider is setting up their system this way with your domain name as an entry in the virtual hosts table.

11B4V

What are the five North's?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

North Carolina, North America, The North (Union), North Korea, and North Dakota.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Interesting article in the Sunday NYT about the shortage of pilots caused by the increase in required flight time from 250 hours to 1,500 hours.  This has meant that pilots have to work in some shit job like crop dusting before they can qualify for a still shitty job at a regional carrier.  Candidates are deciding the road to that 130K major carrier job is too long.

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2016, 06:58:55 PM
North Carolina, North America, The North (Union), North Korea, and North Dakota.

True North
Magnetic North
Grid North
Ollie North
Peter North
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Maximus

Quote from: 11B4V on April 18, 2016, 06:30:11 PM
What are the five North's?
The set of things that belong to the north wing of the fifth floor.

Eddie Teach

What about New Zealand's North Island and Northumbria?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 18, 2016, 07:18:06 PM

What about New Zealand's North Island and Northumbria?

What about them?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Just finished my taxes.  :D  I started them in early February but it appeared I wasn't going to be getting much back so I lost interest.  Now tonight I realized I had missed some of my big deductions and misunderstood a credit and now I am getting a bunch back.  Should have persisted back in February.

CountDeMoney

It's 9:28 PM.  I can't find any of my tax shit.   :lol:

derspiess

It was just clear enough to faintly see the International Space Station orbit overhead tonight.  Last night it was clear as day.  Pretty cool.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

I did mine last night. I would have had to pay, but the EIC saved me.  :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Brazen

Josquius

██████
██████
██████