News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Irish people can be surprisingly touchy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2016, 05:57:17 PM
Irish people can be surprisingly touchy.

I don't think it's particularly touchy for Irish people to prefer a name for that drink other than one paying homage to the Black and Tans.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on March 16, 2016, 06:07:21 PM
I don't think it's particularly touchy for Irish people to prefer a name for that drink other than one paying homage to the Black and Tans.

I thought it was their own ironic joke.

All the Mick joints I used to frequent in DC called it Black and Tan.

Josquius

The black and tan drink is not at all paying homage to the black and tans militants. Black and tan is a pretty common colour scheme and it's from this that the militants got their name.
The most common use of black and tan if not the drink is probably the terrier

_____

It's funny.
Though the 90s and 00s didn't have defining fashion the way previous decades did the 2010s clearly seem to; beards
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 16, 2016, 06:11:39 PM
It's funny.
Though the 90s and 00s didn't have defining fashion the way previous decades did the 2010s clearly seem to; beards

Type in 90s fashion to google. You definitely get many images of hits that are very 90s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on March 16, 2016, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 16, 2016, 06:11:39 PM
It's funny.

Type in 90s fashion to google. You definitely get many images of hits that are very 90s.
Hmm....yes. I guess that....tackiness. does ring a bell.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

While the 1990s have a bunch of fashion styles to them (from grunge to OMG WE MUST WEAR DENIM EVERYWHERE casual chic), I admit that I can't put my finger on the 2000s look. Possibly because we aren't removed enough from it yet?

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on March 16, 2016, 06:29:33 PM
While the 1990s have a bunch of fashion styles to them (from grunge to OMG WE MUST WEAR DENIM EVERYWHERE casual chic), I admit that I can't put my finger on the 2000s look. Possibly because we aren't removed enough from it yet?

I think that's fair.

Admiral Yi

Wasn't that the height of the 3 button suit thing?

Capetan Mihali

The early-mid 2000s look: I can't define it, but I know it when I see it.  Every dress shirt was "French Blue" wasn't it? :puke:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 16, 2016, 06:41:56 PM
The early-mid 2000s look: I can't define it, but I know it when I see it.  Every dress shirt was "French Blue" wasn't it? :puke:

Cornflower Blue.

Ed Anger

I should put the pictures of me in the early 90's in the safe, never to see the light of day again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 16, 2016, 07:03:16 PM
I should put the pictures of me in the early 90's in the safe, never to see the light of day again.

The style will come back one day. They all do.

Admiral Yi

Bell bottoms for straight dudes will never ever come back.  I'm willing to put money on it.