News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Norgy on March 18, 2016, 12:46:01 PM
I will readily admit any state secrets and other things I may or may not have done if I hear that song again.

I just do the head bob to the side thing while sexually assaulting women on the dance floor.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

I'd rather talk about something else now.  :cry:

celedhring

Been trying meditation as of late; I think it's being too effective on me, I almost dozed off during the session today.  :Embarrass:

CountDeMoney

So my sister and the girls left for their spring break trip this afternoon--it's upsetting now, but one day my niece will realize that the TSA keeps us all safe from 12 year old girls bringing their lacrosse sticks on airline flights.

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on March 18, 2016, 02:17:18 PM
Been trying meditation as of late; I think it's being too effective on me, I almost dozed off during the session today.  :Embarrass:

Is that like auto-hypnosis?  I did that in a mental hospital once.  They said they never had a "client" (that's what they call patients), every try to do that, and that the staff was never so scared in their lives.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2016, 07:19:19 PM

Is that like auto-hypnosis?  I did that in a mental hospital once.  They said they never had a "client" (that's what they call patients), every try to do that, and that the staff was never so scared in their lives.

It kind of is. It's one of the few alternative medicine things that does have some merit. Turn off your thought process and focus it on something white and empty. Like derspiess, in your case. (Just kidding, but yeah, it works. But I find it kind of hard to too, because there's always something rumbling around in my brain, and apologies to Spicey).

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2016, 06:46:21 PM
So my sister and the girls left for their spring break trip this afternoon--it's upsetting now, but one day my niece will realize that the TSA keeps us all safe from 12 year old girls bringing their lacrosse sticks on airline flights.

Lol Maryland "lax."  One of my close friends is a Carroll County native who got to college on a lacrosse scholarship.  Now he's a brain surgeon.

EDIT:  Sorry about your nieces of course.  You'd think BWI would have X'd out lacrosse stick signs all over the place.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 18, 2016, 08:22:30 PM
Lol Maryland "lax."  One of my close friends is a Carroll County native who got to college on a lacrosse scholarship.  Now he's a brain surgeon.

When I played rugby, we called lacrosse players soccer fags with sticks.

QuoteEDIT:  Sorry about your nieces of course.  You'd think BWI would have X'd out lacrosse stick signs all over the place.

TSA has changed the rules on lacrosse sticks about 4 times since 9/11.  And it's not even a full size stick, or even women's length;  it's a shitty little youth stick.  #ISISLAX

Norgy

'Cause rugby isn't some upper-class twat sport.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on March 18, 2016, 09:18:20 PM
'Cause rugby isn't some upper-class twat sport.

It is a 'barely anybody plays' sport over here so no I don't think so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

I don't know if they have the same connotations in America, or throughout America.  In my college experience, rugby was the "excuse to binge drink in a masculine environment for guys who were too intellectually-oriented and out-of-shape to play football but still didn't mind getting a little hurt" sport when I was in college. 

Most of their time was spent planning, executing, and cleaning up beer busts, and it was only a "club" sport in American university terminology i.e. more than intramural (they played other schools) but without the backing of the Athletics Dept, meaning mainly no money, definitely no scholarships.  And there was women's rugby, which might have been more popular and involved non-stop drinking,

Whereas lacrosse was a full-fledged Tier Whatever sport for which they sent recruiters across Delawhere and Murrland (New England and Jersey and Long Island too, of course) trying to scoop up the local talent by dangling offers in front of them. 

So in my college experience, the average rugby player was a sort of an effete John Belushi, generally very welcoming to all types; while the average lacrosse player was a lean, mean stick-wielding machine, very clannish in only hanging out with other lax bros and the women that naturally gravitated towards such alpha males.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2016, 07:19:19 PM

Not really, it's a way to focus your mind and reduce stress, by focusing on your body and your surroundings. It works a bit too well on me... Doesn't help that the instructor has a really relaxing voice.

Razgovory

I almost got a job the other day.  Night shift at a motel.  A little too Norman Batesy so I declined.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on March 19, 2016, 05:13:29 AM
I almost got a job the other day.  Night shift at a motel.  A little too Norman Batesy so I declined.

Do you prefer to murder people in a less cliche environment?