News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Needs to know when to stop working. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: LaCroix on March 16, 2016, 10:19:38 PM
read that blind people don't see blackness. they see nothing at all, so closing your eyes is nothing like being blind. blew my mind

Link me on that
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2016, 03:27:25 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on March 16, 2016, 10:19:38 PM
read that blind people don't see blackness. they see nothing at all, so closing your eyes is nothing like being blind. blew my mind

Link me on that

Can he detach your retinas instead?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 17, 2016, 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2016, 06:30:05 PM
Quote from: Archy on March 17, 2016, 04:33:24 PM
Belgian take on Trump
https://youtu.be/8kzFCHmGMyg

That's terrible.  :(

Might have helped to know what the woman was saying.

I doubt it would help much.  It's so bad in such a Euro way it's kind of entertaining.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on March 17, 2016, 08:18:21 PM
Terrible Trump impersonations? Catalonia represent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiWMgIrwN5c

Okay now this dude looks like some Polish politician from a couple decades ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maladict

Norgy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2016, 09:45:17 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 17, 2016, 08:57:29 PM
Might have helped to know what the woman was saying.

My experience in Amsterdam was that if you turn up your reptile brain and kind of listen to it in the background, you can sort of figuring out what they're saying.

My bigger beef with that particular video was that the chick looked like a tranny.

I went there with a friend, and probably made sure Amsterdam had a net need for importing weed. He was after a few reefers quite sure he understood the language and had a long conversation with some locals. He spoke Norwegian, they spoke Dutch.

I was nursing my coffee and talking to a Scottish lass who threatened to beat me up if I didn't touch her boob. Amsterdam is a strange, strange place. I wandered off on my lonesome and met the only Geert Wilders supporter there in a pub later on.
We exchanged arguments, and decided to call it evens when I bought him a round.
I probably travelled more through the Netherlands than any other country. Shame I remember so little about it.

Zanza

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/london-parking-space-goes-on-sale-for-350000/

QuoteThe parking space in Central London is the most expensive currently for sale in the UK

A parking space in London has been put on the market for £350,000, making it more than one and a half times more expensive than the average UK house price.

The space, which is located just behind Hyde Park Gardens, is the most expensive currently for sale in the UK by a huge margin - in second place is a spot in Edinburgh's New Town conservation area for a "mere" £85,000.

This isn't the first time a space in London has commanded such a high price; in 2015 a spot in South Kensington was listed for £480,000, although that was in a secure underground car park and had space for three cars. Prior to that, a two-car underground bay in Kensington sold for £400,000.

:huh:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Maladict

An Anne Frank themed escape room opened today in an old German bunker.
That will go down well, I'm sure.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Norgy

Quote from: Pedrito on March 18, 2016, 12:40:07 PM
Quote from: Norgy on March 18, 2016, 11:52:14 AM
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
don't hurt me
no more

L.

I will readily admit any state secrets and other things I may or may not have done if I hear that song again.

Capetan Mihali

He had a way with words, that's for sure.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)