News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

TV dinner? Sounds pretty swanky for prison food.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2016, 12:53:59 PM
TV dinner? Sounds pretty swanky for prison food.

It's Norway. We treat criminals better than tourists.

derspiess

Trying to decide which orange shirt to wear tomorrow.  Hopefully it's warm enough for the new polo I bought.  If not, I'll dig out that long sleeve t-shirt I have somewhere.

Some of my friends are posting warnings on FB that "St. Patty's Day" is offensive and needs to be typed "St. Paddy's Day".  So I'm having some fun with that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Why would Patty's day be offensive?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 02:21:04 PM
Trying to decide which orange shirt to wear tomorrow.  Hopefully it's warm enough for the new polo I bought.  If not, I'll dig out that long sleeve t-shirt I have somewhere.

:thumbsup:

I knew there was a reason I liked you, and your liking Trump and the Bengals sure wasn't the reason why.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on March 16, 2016, 02:31:33 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 02:24:33 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2016, 02:22:42 PM

Here you go...

https://www.facebook.com/Clisare/videos/1294245067258687/?pnref=story

She's pretty so she must be right.

Not to go all internet guy here, but her nose is crooked.  Must've gotten into too many fights.

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 02:32:42 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 16, 2016, 02:31:33 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 02:24:33 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2016, 02:22:42 PM

Here you go...

https://www.facebook.com/Clisare/videos/1294245067258687/?pnref=story

She's pretty so she must be right.

Not to go all internet guy here, but her nose is crooked.  Must've gotten into too many fights.

She gives me a crazy/instigator vibe.  Must really be Irish.  :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2016, 04:47:08 PM
8% of Americans are monsters.

And Trump is among them....

QuoteHe understands Mr. Trump's sleeping patterns and how he likes his steak ("It would rock on the plate, it was so well done"),

(source: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/us/politics/donald-trump-butler-mar-a-lago.html?action=click&contentCollection=Politics&pgtype=imageslideshow&module=RelatedArticleList&region=SlideShowTopBar&version=EndSlate _

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

I have friends here in Cincy that on one hand take St. Patty's Day way too seriously (down to the spelling and whatnot), yet on the other hand serve Irish Car Bomb cupcakes and wear those stupid green cardboard hats.

So it's kind of my moral duty to troll them.

Capetan Mihali

One of my favorite drinks is often called a "Black And Tan."  Not the Yuengling one, or any of the pre-bottled ones.  And actually now that I think about it all the ones I've had at bars haven't been made well. 

To describe it (not to you, spicey, I know you know): you fill the bottom half of a pint glass with pale ale, then you "layer" stout over it on the top half.  Looking it up now, I guess you can get really perfectionist and pour the stout over the back of a spoon at a snail's pace to really keep them separate, but I don't really care about them mixing (it just looks neat), mainly just that the beers are decent (mainly on the "Tan" side -- no lager!) and the 50:50 ratio is right.

But you call it a "Half And Half" in Ireland, real Irish bars, and around me, if you please. :glare:  Lord, these Fauxrangemen. :rolleyes:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)