News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on January 20, 2016, 04:10:14 PM
UGHHHH... nose hair sickens me!  It is SO EASY to take care of that shit. :rolleyes:  I'm a bit obsessed with not having any myself and trim in there almost daily, and even shave the lower part of my inner nostrils. :blush:

This man has gone the other route, and embraced his nose-hairiness.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 05:54:29 PM

If 4'10'' is the cut-off, my friend's wife is a "little person"! The Sexy Dwarf is *definitely* shorter than that, though for obvious reasons, I haven't taken a tape measure to her.  :D

I did that once. :)

After a couple years at a Big Four accounting firm (to establish this was a reputable job :) ), I made senior, which meant I got to supervise the staff (people above senior generally weren't around this client site on a day to day basis, so seniors ran the show).

There were 2 other seniors, both who constantly fought:

a short girl: She called her counterpart "Paw Bear" because he had hairy hands.
"Paw Bear": He just called the short girl "dwarf", because she was less than 5 feet tall (he was aware that 4'10 is the cutoff, but he said anything less than 5' was close enough for the dwarves to recognize her as one of them).

She would get very angry and claim to be 5 feet. After a few months of this, I brought in a tape measure to settle the argument. She wouldn't stand still, shouting how unprofessional we were, and I could only confirm she was between 4'11 and 5'0.

To explain how this job site went, one day we had 2 new staff coming - first day of work out of school. The three of us were like "fuck--we need to find something for them to do". The dwarf girl said, "I'll handle it," and we were relieved. When the two new staff came in, she had them get a couple banker boxes of documents from her car, and start working on the contents. Only later did we learn that the dwarf was having the new hires help organize her personal finances.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 05:44:48 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 20, 2016, 03:02:58 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 02:42:35 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2016, 02:35:17 PM

:D

Go on then, you know you want to, even if it will embarrass BB.

Well, not much I can say about her, other than the fact that it is highly unlikely I'd pass as a "sexy dwarf"  ;) ... she's a lady who works as a legal assistant, who is notable for being very attractive and very small: under 4 feet, easy. Needs to use a step-stool to wash her cup in the sink.

Keep going.

That's as far as it goes.  :P

That's the short of it

Maladict

Nothing on the new planet? Languish is dying  :(

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on January 20, 2016, 06:49:14 PM
Nothing on the new planet? Languish is dying  :(

I read about it, I'll care again when they actually find it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Tim started a thread while I was typing. Faith restored.

Josquius

Today's learning experience. The Japanese kanji: 凸 凹
The are very unusual looking kanji. Very distinctive.  I like them. They're two of the earlier ones I learned. Why? Their appearance matches their meaning very well, concave and convex.
Today I learned something wonderful and new about them. For us folk that aren't into mirrors they're not as useless as they may seem. Particularly if you are a gay man.
Can you guess what secondary slang meaning they may carry?
Look at them.
Just look at them.
Perfect
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Quote from: Tyr on January 21, 2016, 05:06:52 AM
Today's learning experience. The Japanese kanji: 凸 凹
The are very unusual looking kanji. Very distinctive.  I like them. They're two of the earlier ones I learned. Why? Their appearance matches their meaning very well, concave and convex.
Today I learned something wonderful and new about them. For us folk that aren't into mirrors they're not as useless as they may seem. Particularly if you are a gay man.
Can you guess what secondary slang meaning they may carry?
Look at them.
Just look at them.
Perfect

Chinese use the same characters, and they are some of the easiest to learn. 

celedhring

Jurassic Park's main theme slowed 10x

https://soundcloud.com/birdfeeder/jurassic-park-theme-1000-slower

It's actually a pretty great ambient track.  :lol:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

"If those who speak evil of me knew exactly what I think of them, they would say more."

It may be a good translation of this, though I'm not sure:

"Si ceux qui disent du mal de moi savaient exactement ce que je pense d'eux, ils en diraient bien davantage."
Sacha Guitry
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2016, 03:02:30 PM
"If those who speak evil of me knew exactly what I think of them, they would say more."

It may be a good translation of this, though I'm not sure:

"Si ceux qui disent du mal de moi savaient exactement ce que je pense d'eux, ils en diraient bien davantage."
Sacha Guitry

Sounds like a good motto for an internet chat board.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

"He's gone mate" - I found out today and old friend of mine has died, ex-soldier died aged 72, that's too young, a thoroughly decent bloke.  :(

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2016, 05:33:25 PM
"He's gone mate" - I found out today and old friend of mine has died, ex-soldier died aged 72, that's too young, a thoroughly decent bloke.  :(

Sorry to hear that.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 21, 2016, 06:15:10 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2016, 05:33:25 PM

Sorry to hear that.  :(

Yeah, great guy, had a difficult life in some ways, but did a lot, good to have worked with him.