The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 02:32:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2016, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 02:06:27 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 20, 2016, 12:24:42 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 10:03:33 AMFor some reason, I can remember nicknames I have given people in my head, but not their real names.

You're Yi, then.  :P

Naw, if I was Yi I'd be calling them by these nicknames and expecting others to figure out who each of the nicks referred to.  :P

I get it, the guy is what you see in the mirror and you're talking figuratively about yourself.   :P

It's a good thing I didn't discuss the other person I know only by their nick - "The Sexy Dwarf".  :lol:

:D

Go on then, you know you want to, even if it will embarrass BB.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2016, 02:35:17 PM

Well, not much I can say about her, other than the fact that it is highly unlikely I'd pass as a "sexy dwarf"  ;) ... she's a lady who works as a legal assistant, who is notable for being very attractive and very small: under 4 feet, easy. Needs to use a step-stool to wash her cup in the sink.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 02:42:35 PM

Well, not much I can say about her, other than the fact that it is highly unlikely I'd pass as a "sexy dwarf"  ;) ... she's a lady who works as a legal assistant, who is notable for being very attractive and very small: under 4 feet, easy. Needs to use a step-stool to wash her cup in the sink.

Keep going.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on January 20, 2016, 03:52:11 PM
Attractive and small? :blink:

You know Tyr, you've start to sometimes acting like a mono; take that as friendly advice.  :P

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2016, 03:54:44 PM

Small is beautiful.  :)
Small is negative points, though not a deal breaker.
I do find a hot dwarf hard to imagine though. With the condition tends to go a certain....odd look.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on January 20, 2016, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2016, 03:54:44 PM

Small is beautiful.  :)
Small is negative points, though not a deal breaker.
I do find a hot dwarf hard to imagine though. With the condition tends to go a certain....odd look.

That was only his nickname for her, he didn't say she had dwarfism.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Tyr on January 20, 2016, 11:50:53 AM
Attractive young women?
In europe they're always grumpy old women.
In japan though one could always rely on a bank for spotting pretty young girls. They're middle class wife farms pretty much.

In my experience Raz's attractive young women remark is fairly consistently true. I rarely have a reason to actually go inside a bank though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 10:03:33 AM
My memory for names is awful. For some reason, I can remember nicknames I have given people in my head, but not their real names.

There is this guy I see around the office - he works in a different specialty, so I hardly have any dealings with him, except in the coffee room. In my mind, I call him "the Nose Hair Man" because he has very prominent nose hairs that appear to be growing into his moustache. Every once in a while I have reason to chat with him, but I can never remember his actual name - I even looked it up a couple of times, but forgot it just as quickly: the mental slot in which he fits is taken up with the label "the Nose Hair Man", and that label will not be displaced. But I can hardly call him that to others.  :(
UGHHHH... nose hair sickens me!  It is SO EASY to take care of that shit. :rolleyes:  I'm a bit obsessed with not having any myself and trim in there almost daily, and even shave the lower part of my inner nostrils. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2016, 04:01:33 PM

He said she was under 4 feet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Many, I have some weird dreams.  Something about an avant guard show in the 1990's on MTV about a boy in a wheel chair who gets hit in the head by baseballs for a local call in show.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Echoes of Gilliam 'Brazil' ?

QuoteBritish police question boy who spelled 'terrorist' by mistake

A 10-year-old Muslim boy has been questioned by British police in the north of England after mistakenly writing in an English lesson that he lived in a "terrorist house", the BBC reported on Wednesday.

The boy had intended to write that he lived in a "terraced" house but teachers did not realise he had made an error and reported the boy to the police in accordance with new counter-terrorism rules, which critics say are focussed on Muslim communities.

Police interviewed the boy and examined a computer at the family home. The family has demanded an apology from both the police and the school, the BBC said.

"They shouldn't be putting a child through this," the BBC quoted the boy's cousin as saying. To protect the identity of the child, the BBC did not give names in its report.

"He's now scared of writing, using his imagination," the cousin was quoted as saying.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-security-boy-idUKKCN0UY128

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 20, 2016, 03:02:58 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 02:42:35 PM

Keep going.

That's as far as it goes.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 20, 2016, 04:56:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2016, 04:01:33 PM

He said she was under 4 feet.

It's my nick for her, but she doesn't have the look of someone with that medical condition - the big head, short arms short legs thing. She looks like an ordinary person (a hot ordinary person), only very small. Dunno what terms are used here - in the olden days they used to call that the difference between a "dwarf" and a "midget", but I assume one or both of those terms are now insulting to use: apparently "midget" in particular is insulting.  :Embarrass: I guess a more accurate (if insulting) nick would be "Sexy Midget", but "Sexy Dwarf" stuck in my head first.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Dwarf_vs_Midget

If 4'10'' is the cut-off, my friend's wife is a "little person"! The Sexy Dwarf is *definitely* shorter than that, though for obvious reasons, I haven't taken a tape measure to her.  :D