And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

I don't know what General Wolfe is talking about. We're very good with names.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Malthus : not an asshole.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2016, 11:14:31 AM
Malthus : not an asshole.

Well, let's not be too hasty ... !  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 20, 2016, 09:56:45 AM
So, Raz, how do you think it went?

I dunno, they said I was well dressed, which is a nice way of saying "You are way too fat".  On the other hand the interviewers were women, and most bank tellers are attractive young women, so they might want someone hideous to break up the monotony.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

:hmm: That's a pretty strange thing to say to an applicant.

Eddie Teach

Well, it's unusual for the applicant to sport a tux.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Attractive young women?
In europe they're always grumpy old women.
In japan though one could always rely on a bank for spotting pretty young girls. They're middle class wife farms pretty much.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 10:03:33 AMFor some reason, I can remember nicknames I have given people in my head, but not their real names.

You're Yi, then.  :P

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 20, 2016, 11:35:04 AM
:hmm: That's a pretty strange thing to say to an applicant.

He couldn't be "well spoken", now could he?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

I haven't been to a bank in years and years. Don't know if the tellers are hot. They're no Edwards I guess. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on January 20, 2016, 12:24:42 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 10:03:33 AMFor some reason, I can remember nicknames I have given people in my head, but not their real names.

Naw, if I was Yi I'd be calling them by these nicknames and expecting others to figure out who each of the nicks referred to.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 02:06:27 PM

Naw, if I was Yi I'd be calling them by these nicknames and expecting others to figure out who each of the nicks referred to.  :P

I get it, the guy is what you see in the mirror and you're talking figuratively about yourself.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2016, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 02:06:27 PM

I get it, the guy is what you see in the mirror and you're talking figuratively about yourself.   :P

It's a good thing I didn't discuss the other person I know only by their nick - "The Sexy Dwarf".  :lol: