News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Yeah-- sounds like he's trying to play it up actually.  My boss from Alabama likes to do that for some reason.  I guess he thinks it makes him come off as all folksy & disarming.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Remember when Hil tried to do that? :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2015, 12:09:09 PM
Remember when Hil tried to do that? :lol:

Oh hell yeah.  In her case she was imitating a black man (!)  https://youtu.be/DGDm4jkDbGQ?t=35
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Lettow77

I covet the contemptuous sloth of French store owners who refuse to abide by their own modest opening hours for my native Tennessee. Tennessee could be easily imagined to slide into such a cozy system were it not so infamously chained to the Northern states.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 20, 2015, 12:48:41 PM
I covet the contemptuous sloth of French store owners who refuse to abide by their own modest opening hours for my native Tennessee. Tennessee could be easily imagined to slide into such a cozy system were it not so infamously chained to the Northern states.
I had to read this post three times to understand it, but now I understand it perfectly and in fact cannot de-understand it.  Neat.  You have a way with words. :)

derspiess

Caliga

My Germanic heritage is infuriated by his post btw. :cool:

Grey Fox

I have no idea what it means.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2015, 01:22:19 PM
I have no idea what it means.

He is envious of the French for being lazy and thinks Tennessee would be likewise glorious if it were not for evil yankee corporate stores.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

It means he wants stores in Tennessee to be open from 8 to 10:30.

Liep

Ryanair has flights to London for DKK69 ($10.30). Holy shit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
Ryanair has flights to London for DKK69 ($10.30). Holy shit.

Problem is that for that price you have to cling to the undercarrage of the aircraft all the way there.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
Ryanair has flights to some place 2 hours away or so from central London for DKK69 ($10.30). Holy shit.

Fixed!