News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 29, 2015, 05:53:50 PM

As for the anonymous CV, it did not really caught but there are still mentions of it, including the governmental agency site for job seekers.

Well, it did NOT work out as planned.
The law mandating anonymous CVs will be abrogated soon.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/2015/05/19/97002-20150519FILWWW00182-la-loi-generalisant-le-cv-anonyme-sera-abrogee-rebsamen.php

derspiess

Article tries to cast this figure in a negative light, but if 6 out of 7 people in the world now have access to electricity I would say that's pretty damned good progress. 

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/one-seven-people-still-live-without-electricity-world-073404900.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Swiss trains are at it again :ultra:
This time I'm trapped at work :(
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on May 18, 2015, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: Zanza on May 03, 2015, 12:20:23 PM
German train drivers will strike for six days starting on Tuesday. I wonder if this is the time to replace them all with computers. If we can make cars drive by themselves, that should be even simpler with trains.
They just announced that they will now strike open ended starting Wednesday. Germany only liberalized long-distance busses last year and this is the perfect chance for them to win massive amounts of new customers. If they continue like this, the railway company will never recover from this as they'll have lost a lot of customers to the road for good. Same for freight. Who wants to build a supply chain on something this unreliable?

With a bit of luck they'll still be on strike in two weeks and my employer will have to get me a car in the airport instead of train tickets. Much more comfortable.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Our PM still hasn't called an election and now I'm dreading that we won't get it until September. 3 months of summer with an election looming. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Senfronia Thompson (a state rep) thinks that things may have gone better for Tesla Motors here (story: http://fortune.com/2015/05/18/tesla-texas/) if "Mr. Tesla" had sat down and talked with car dealers beforehand.  :lol: :bleeding:

Valmy

That would have definitely left an impression.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Senfronia is an awesome name.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2015, 10:18:40 AM
That would have definitely left an impression.

Red McCombs would say something about him being second string behind Edison or something.  There's a weak joke in there somewhere.

QuoteSenfronia is an awesome name.

I'm kind of wondering how you even say it.  Sin-froh-nee-uh or something?  Sin-froh-nya?  Ugh.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 20, 2015, 11:18:56 AM
I'm kind of wondering how you even say it.  Sin-froh-nee-uh or something?  Sin-froh-nya?  Ugh.

I'd guess Sen-FROH-nee-ya.  Sounds like an experimental heart medication.

Admiral Yi

I'll put a bet down on Sen Frone Ya just for funsies.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2015, 11:31:49 AM
I'll put a bet down on Sen Frone Ya just for funsies.

Looks like you're right, at least on Rick Perry's pronunciation: https://youtu.be/LpPCxAMFV9k?t=222

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2015, 11:44:22 AM
Looks like you're right, at least on Rick Perry's pronunciation: https://youtu.be/LpPCxAMFV9k?t=222

Wow.  Dude really talks like a Huckleberry when he's not running for national office.