News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Has anyone ever used duolingo.com or a similar website to learn a language?

Liep

Quote from: Zanza on May 20, 2015, 03:07:11 PM
Has anyone ever used duolingo.com or a similar website to learn a language?

I've used memrise.com and liked it, it really felt like the words I learned stuck with me. Duolingo seemed unfinished to me.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Lettow77

As one of several supplementary sources, yes.

edit- I used Busuu. It feels like it's gotten significantly worse since I used it and more restricted to generate more revenue.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2015, 01:53:21 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2015, 01:22:19 PM
I have no idea what it means.

He is envious of the French for being lazy and thinks Tennessee would be likewise glorious if it were not for evil yankee corporate stores.

That was my 1st impression but upon more reading I started to think the opposite & then I got confused.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 20, 2015, 02:33:55 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
Ryanair has flights to some place 2 hours away or so from central London for DKK69 ($10.30). Holy shit.

Fixed!
Pretty sure they just use Luton for London flights. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2015, 04:20:00 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 20, 2015, 02:33:55 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
Ryanair has flights to some place 2 hours away or so from central London for DKK69 ($10.30). Holy shit.

Fixed!
Pretty sure they just use Luton for London flights. :unsure:

Used to be mostly Stansted iirc.

derspiess

I bought a baseball glove that was made in Vietnam.  Not sure how I feel about that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

It feels like late October, weather wise. I HAVE MY FUCKING HEAT ON.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Stomach flu going around.  I was squirting like a fire hose yesterday.  Still a little banged up in the guts.

Martinus

An actual ad placed in an Indian daily. What a lovely mix of progressive and regressive ideas - sometimes life is stranger than fiction. :D

jimmy olsen

I kept meaning to mention this but I forgot, but a week or two back I thought I saw Ank on facebook saying that he was going to be on Jepoardy. Did anyone else see this or did I imagine it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

You imagined it.

He's going to be on Wheel of Fortune.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

British rails also halted by strikes? Makes me feel like we should probably also strike. Just because.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

I made the mistake of venturing into the comics thread. :bleeding:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive