News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I loved comic books when I was a kid but I think by 5th or 6th grade I grew out of it.  For me they jumped the shark when my school handed out a Spiderman comic book about child sexual abuse awareness.  Just got weird at that point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on May 21, 2015, 09:59:49 AM
I loved comic books when I was a kid but I think by 5th or 6th grade I grew out of it.  For me they jumped the shark when my school handed out a Spiderman comic book about child sexual abuse awareness.  Just got weird at that point.

Spiderman as a kiddie diddler would certainly be an interesting direction for the franchise.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

I like certain comic books but not most of them. I really dig stuff like Sandman or the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Admiral Yi

It's that time of year when the sparrows start fighting and fucking.

Grey Fox

I like the new Secret Wars comic Marvel has started to put out.

I've read 2 volumes of the Avengers, I like it but sometimes I just think "I really don't need those drawings".
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on May 21, 2015, 03:55:15 AM
British rails also halted by strikes? Makes me feel like we should probably also strike. Just because.

There has to be a French strike as well or it will be a real loss of status!

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2015, 02:29:06 AM
I kept meaning to mention this but I forgot, but a week or two back I thought I saw Ank on facebook saying that he was going to be on Jepoardy. Did anyone else see this or did I imagine it?

I heard katmai was going to be on COPS again.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 21, 2015, 10:10:07 AM

Not a huge Depp fan.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 21, 2015, 12:15:53 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 21, 2015, 03:55:15 AM
British rails also halted by strikes? Makes me feel like we should probably also strike. Just because.

There has to be a French strike as well or it will be a real loss of status!

Mr. President, we can't allow a strike gap!

Syt

"The sparrows fly again!"

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

One of the Duggar brood is a perv. Him and Lena Dunham need to compare notes on sibling molesting.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

And when the lightning bugs start a-winkin' and a-blinkin'.  :)

PRC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 21, 2015, 09:01:54 PM

And when the lightning bugs start a-winkin' and a-blinkin'.  :)

Are you a birder?

Josquius

Finally made it to Friday.
The week after a 4 day weekend= tough
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 21, 2015, 08:20:15 PM
One of the Duggar brood is a perv. Him and Lena Dunham need to compare notes on sibling molesting.

Only one of them has stated what they did was wrong.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.