News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yeah, I don't envy the forensics guys who had the job of scraping them out of there.

For some reason I'm reminded of the Mythbusters episode where they let a pig carcass rot in a car for two months to see if they can get the car clean afterwards.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2014, 02:38:32 PM
Probably looks worse on the inside :ph34r:
Seems like the kind of thing you would take to dead kraut storage.

I would post a picture, but I'm at work.

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2014, 01:48:52 PM
Google bought Nest.  So Lusti's thermostat is now being controlled by Eric Schmidt.

It better not make me sign up and link it to Google+ to heat/cool my house. :lol:

:unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 14, 2014, 03:34:06 PM
It better not make me sign up and link it to Google+ to heat/cool my house. :lol:

:unsure:

Your Nest probably already has its own Google+ account, due to some obscure clause in the EULA.  I'll let you know if I see a friend request from it :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2014, 01:30:03 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2014, 01:15:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2014, 12:40:09 PM
Not to mention that he appears to be with child.

I really don't think so...

So no quintuplets? :unsure:

Maybe if she's got one stored in each arm.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2014, 02:21:41 PM
Mysterious case in Vienna!

A hand grenade exploded in a car in 16th district, in the Nauseagasse (gasse means street, alley). Two men were found in the car - first it was presumed they were both killed by the explosion.

However, it turns out that the driver was killed by several gunshots.

The dead dudes are an Austrian in his 40s and a German in his 50s. They seem to have held a lot of jobs, but none for long.

Investigations are still underway, but forensics are difficult, because the bodies have been "severely affected by the explosion."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad4fagTyaM4
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

supposedly out of a 70s Yugoslavian magazine  :lmfao:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

But with a moody and sensitive side.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 14, 2014, 06:31:17 PM
SERB STRONG LIKE BULL

If it came in red with a big gray O on the back, your ass would be wearing that shit to Cracker Barrel on game day.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2014, 07:14:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 14, 2014, 06:31:17 PM
SERB STRONG LIKE BULL

If it came in red with a big gray O on the back, your ass would be wearing that shit to Cracker Barrel on game day.

Goddamn right.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Tamas, if you'd like to understand American perceptions of East Europeans before the Iron Curtain came down, I suggest you search on YouTube for Saturday Night Live "Wild and Crazy Guys" skits.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2014, 02:21:41 PM
Mysterious case in Vienna!

A hand grenade exploded in a car in 16th district, in the Nauseagasse (gasse means street, alley). Two men were found in the car - first it was presumed they were both killed by the explosion.

However, it turns out that the driver was killed by several gunshots.

The dead dudes are an Austrian in his 40s and a German in his 50s. They seem to have held a lot of jobs, but none for long.

Investigations are still underway, but forensics are difficult, because the bodies have been "severely affected by the explosion."

Saw a tabloid headline today speculating that the guy who was shot was a Social Democrat and was executed by East European gangsters (the grenade ostensibly being thrown in to make the forensics a lot more difficult).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.