Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

They'll never match us in the air. :bowler:

This is not a "micro" aggression.

This is not an "aggression."  Deal with it, Eugene Levy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

So CDM and Tim seem to have reached some kind of dialectical synthesis.  Good for them.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2014, 08:09:30 PM
So CDM and Tim seem to have reached some kind of dialectical synthesis.  Good for them.

It was the smell of rice.

Ed Anger

Fucking Asians. Go back to Africa!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Most honest requirement in a job advertisement I've seen yet:

QuoteAppreciation for free market ideals and principles of limited government is required

Don't all apply at once, Languish.

Ed Anger

Ewwwwww, libertarians in the workplace. Almost as bad as an athiest in the workplace.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2014, 03:56:24 PM
:P

Everyone says I have an indecipherable accent even though I don't, they're just culturally insensitive. :(

I'm considering watching all the Matthew McConnaughey Renaissance films until I sound like him.  That seems to play, but when I talk, it's always "LOL ARE YOU FROM THE MOUNTAINS?", or "What?"
I didn't think  your accent was relatively strong, but it wasn't anything out of deliverence or this guy I know from Appalachia.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 13, 2014, 09:58:00 PM
Ewwwwww, libertarians in the workplace. Almost as bad as an athiest in the workplace.

Oooh, I don't know...my sister sent me a job announcement she found, but hadn't read the fine print:

QuoteKnowledge of how to communicate effectively with and motivate Evangelical Churches

Demonstrated proficiency in both Intermediate and Advanced Snake Handling required.

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 13, 2014, 06:10:56 PM
http://theweek.com/article/index/254923/everything-you-need-to-know-about-japans-population-crisis

Ide, pack your bags. I'm forming a fucking expedition. Those chinamen girls need lovin'.

:hmm:

Quotea government program that sends female outreach counselors known as "rental sisters" to coax the hikikomori out of the house.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 13, 2014, 10:08:24 PM
Go eat a shit Tim.

:unsure: My post wasn't directed at you at all, but the article you linked.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".