News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Interesting reuse of a P-3.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2014, 12:20:32 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 14, 2014, 12:18:19 PM
Who are the "we" in this context?  I have never heard of that when travelling anywhere in the US.

In this context, we is absolutely no one.

I got the joke. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2014, 12:50:13 PM
I got the joke. :hug:

Clear evidence of the quality of your mining school education. :cheers:

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2014, 12:40:09 PM
Not to mention that he appears to be with child.

I really don't think so...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Google bought Nest.  So Lusti's thermostat is now being controlled by Eric Schmidt.

Syt

Mysterious case in Vienna!

A hand grenade exploded in a car in 16th district, in the Nauseagasse (gasse means street, alley). Two men were found in the car - first it was presumed they were both killed by the explosion.

However, it turns out that the driver was killed by several gunshots.

The dead dudes are an Austrian in his 40s and a German in his 50s. They seem to have held a lot of jobs, but none for long.

Investigations are still underway, but forensics are difficult, because the bodies have been "severely affected by the explosion."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Syt

The car in which it happened. Looks pretty good from the outside, considering that a grenade went off inside. Guess that's a BMW(?) for you.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2014, 02:25:07 PM
Nausea Street?

If you blow up two people with a hand grenade, what better place?

It's named after a 16th century court preacher and bishop of Vienna, Friedrich Nausea (originally Friedrich Grau, grau = grey, lat.: nauseo - latinized names were popular back then)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Another picture of the car.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Seems like surprisingly little damage for a grenade going off inside a car. But then, I have no idea what that *should* look like.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Probably looks worse on the inside :ph34r:

A thermite grenade would have probably produced more noticeable results.