Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

You're a lot drowsier in real life.  :P

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2014, 08:52:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 02, 2014, 03:54:29 PM
I wasn't kidding.

Who's fake?  I don't understand the complaint.

Alfred Russell?  Well, kind of I guess.

Lettow?  He's more or less real; he's heightened here, but we all are, except me.  I act exactly like this in real life.  Which probably explains everything, now that I think about it. -_-

Lettuce is someone's sock puppet.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Damn it, HP & Google.

I want a Chromebook 14, ffs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on January 02, 2014, 09:00:03 PM
Lettuce is someone's sock puppet.

Not me. All the pseudojapanese I know comes from Shogun.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2014, 08:52:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 02, 2014, 03:54:29 PM
I wasn't kidding.

Who's fake?  I don't understand the complaint.

Alfred Russell?  Well, kind of I guess.

Lettow?  He's more or less real; he's heightened here, but we all are, except me.  I act exactly like this in real life.  Which probably explains everything, now that I think about it. -_-

Yes and yes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

I'm mildly surprised the "lettow isn't real!" buzz is still around. As for the wedding, I posted earlier that I was vetting candidates, based on their opinion of stannis, ability to cook Southern cuisine and advance Southern culture, proper bangs, willingness to don a maid outfit, etc etc. A lot of candidates were ran through before finding the proper maiden, and from there her family was very much shocked, but that's all in the past now. I'm typing from her family home in the countryside, but come spring i'll steal her off somewhere, never to return.

The couple, in unsettling purikura:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Habbaku

You seem to have lost weight and shaved off that stupid beard, Lettow.  :cheers:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

lustindarkness

Hope it works out for you lettuce.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Lettow77

You don't know much about purikura, do you? Elaborate doctoring of their pictures is such an ingrained part of what japanese women do that their photo booths do it for them. The changes it makes to eyes in pursuit of a more attractive (read: western) look make western eyes downright eerie though..

Admiral Yi

Well good for you Lettuce.

I'm himnotized by your big Bambi eyes.

11B4V

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 02, 2014, 09:50:13 PM
You don't know much about purikura, do you? Elaborate doctoring of their pictures is such an ingrained part of what japanese women do that their photo booths do it for them. The changes it makes to eyes in pursuit of a more attractive (read: western) look make western eyes downright eerie though..

Dude, DX the sandles and socks thing.

MadImmortalMan

I take it both are purikurified in the pic.

In any case, good luck.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Lettow77

Definitely! But I had just ended a prolonged period of wandering with nothing but the goods a backpack could hold: It began in the summer, with only sandals. Come winter it became necessary to acquire socks; shortly after this picture I was given a proper pair of shoes to wear.

(I have the good fortune to be continuously showered with various gifts; well over two thirds of my clothing has been given to me, as well as my lovely teapot and assorted other sundries. I believe i've mentioned how the elderly shopowners of my neighborhood are continuously giving me free food whenever they see me..)