News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Today's annoyance: searching for travel insurance.
It's a very hard thing to do with limited options when you're already out of the country. Anyone ever done such  a thing before?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Niall Ferguson in "The Descent of Money" presented the interesting fact that the British are the most highly insured people in the world.

Travel insurance sounds goofy to me.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2014, 03:37:07 AM
Niall Ferguson in "The Descent of Money" presented the interesting fact that the British are the most highly insured people in the world.

I need it to do my internship. They want to be sure they don't have to pay to ship my inevitable mangled body home.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

You need proof of travel insurance to get a visa to Russia. Though, that might not make it less goofy.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Really? Seems common sense to me if you're going to a while or to somewhere a little bit dodgy.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Medical travel insurance here costs very little, so it definitely makes sense to have it in case of disaster.

Travel insurance for your luggage, cancelling/shortening your trip etc. often comes with a credit card. I just recently invoked it because some of my luggage was lost by a bus company that couldn't cover liability.

Josquius

I've just been told about my cousin's 3 year old son's christmas.
Apparently the big present he asked for was....a hoover. A real hoover. So they got him one. Oddly enough the girl version of Henry Hoover.
Apparently he loves hoovering and doesn't let his mother touch his hoover. When he visits other people's houses he always asks to see their hoover.
What an odd kid.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

What the hell are you gibbering about? You're less intelligible than Lettow sometimes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

His post made sense to me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Yeah Tim.
English! Learn it, love it, live it!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

How ironic. The teacher has become the teachered.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 05, 2014, 09:25:32 AM
What the hell are you gibbering about? You're less intelligible than Lettow sometimes.

Vacuum cleaner.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2014, 09:09:13 AM
:shutup:

He sure loves hoovering. Hoovers all the time! "Sir, would you please pull out your appliance so that I might hoover for a bit?"
and the horse you rode in on