The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on November 27, 2013, 12:40:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2013, 12:25:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2013, 12:22:26 PM
By all means, feel free to find a new continent.

We were here first.

Besides - I don't care if you guys have Black Friday sales or not - I'm just irked at Canadian stores that do because it doesn't make any sense.

How were you there first? 

In any case, you're the little brother.  If you don't like it, there's some lovely territory of similar climate in Siberia you could settle.
:hmm: I think Chinese might object to that.
I think the Russians may be alarmed to find out that the Chinese has extended their exclusive air zone over their territory.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2013, 12:44:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2013, 12:36:15 PM
At least Boxing Day sales make sense on a purely practical level (it's still the day after Christmas on both sides of the border, and some people want to get out of the house after too much holiday togetherness), and because metro Detroit is just across the river and might want to attract Canadian shoppers.

I see nothing celebratory about commemorating the suppression and defeat of the Boxer Rebellion. 
Figures the Commonwealthy would celebrate such a racist, imperialist holiday.  So where does 2nd Opium War Day fall on this year?  What are your plans for Boer Concentration Camp Day?

Lol, and my Strangers joke was bad.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 27, 2013, 05:59:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 27, 2013, 03:22:02 PM
QuotePizza Hut GM: I Tried to Close on Thanksgiving, Got Fired
(Newser) – A Pizza Hut general manager didn't think his workers should have to come in on Thanksgiving, and his bosses disagreed. Now, Tony Rohr, whose Elkhart, Indiana, location is owned by Franchise Management Investors US, says he has been fired. After being told that he had to stay open tomorrow, Rohr let bosses know his position. "I said, 'Why can't we be the company that stands up and says we care about our employees and they can have the day off?'" he tells WSBT. Superiors told him he could stay open or he could step down, Gawker reports.

Rohr, who's worked at the store for a decade, wrote his response in a letter: "I do not resign; however, I accept that the refusal to comply with this greedy, immoral request means the end of my tenure with this company." He added, "I hope you realize that it's the people at the bottom of the totem pole that make your life possible." One of Rohr's bosses contests his account, saying the GM wasn't fired but quit; he said the order to open came from corporate, which is getting quite the beating on Facebook. Whole Foods, meanwhile, is facing a Thanksgiving backlash of its own. Workers in two Chicago stores are planning a walkout today over being required to work on the holiday, Salon reports. Costco and Nordstrom, on the other hand, are among stores refusing to join in on Black Thursday.

http://www.newser.com/story/178277/pizza-hut-gm-i-tried-to-close-on-thanksgiving-got-fired.html

I'd hire that guy.

So he could ignore your policies and procedures, too?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 27, 2013, 08:02:46 PM
At least Boxing Day sales make sense on a purely practical level (it's still the day after Christmas on both sides of the border, and some people want to get out of the house after too much holiday togetherness), and because metro Detroit is just across the river and might want to attract Canadian shoppers.

I see nothing celebratory about commemorating the suppression and defeat of the Boxer Rebellion. 
Figures the Commonwealthy would celebrate such a racist, imperialist holiday.  So where does 2nd Opium War Day fall on this year?  What are your plans for Boer Concentration Camp Day?

Could've given you one about briefs, you know.j

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2013, 12:20:17 PM
What really irks me is how many Canadian stores are starting to have "Black Friday" sales.  Hell I heard an ad that Canadian Tire is going to have a Red Thursday sale ("It's like Black Friday but it's on Thursday, and it's Red").

It's not our holiday! :ultra:
I've even seen it in the UK, to much bafflement :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 27, 2013, 10:22:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2013, 12:20:17 PM
What really irks me is how many Canadian stores are starting to have "Black Friday" sales.  Hell I heard an ad that Canadian Tire is going to have a Red Thursday sale ("It's like Black Friday but it's on Thursday, and it's Red").

It's not our holiday! :ultra:
I've even seen it in the UK, to much bafflement :lol:
...what the hell?
Can't wait till boxing day?
But then I guess boxing day sales have been creeping earlier and and earlier....
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on November 27, 2013, 08:02:46 PM

I'm sure the three guys who got it found it entertaining.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Our boss promised us an automated defibrillator if over 60% replied to the yearly 'medarbejdertilfredshedsanalyse (MTA)' (~ employee satisfaction analysis). Ironically(?) something that was requested a lot in last years MTA where we barely managed to secure a fruit-a-day deal. Go Team!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

That's a bizarre employee prize.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2013, 03:35:49 PM
That's a bizarre employee prize.

Yeah, I don't fully get it either.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Did you fill out the medarbejdertilfredshedsanalyseslutpackmittitsontop?

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2013, 03:47:12 PM
Did you fill out the medarbejdertilfredshedsanalyseslutpackmittitsontopitsjustthenouns?

I did, but I would prefer 2 fruits-a-day instead. Knowing my company the defibrillator will be delayed and/or never work.

The Brain

Two fruits a day sounds a lot healthier than two fags a day.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on November 28, 2013, 03:52:25 PM
Two fruits a day sounds a lot healthier than two fags a day.

Is there a difference? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Fruits can be baked into a pie. Which Josq will sneer at.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive