Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: mongers on April 20, 2012, 05:59:08 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 19, 2012, 07:22:18 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2012, 05:51:56 PM

Though being a well brought up Brit, I shall refrain from seeing anyone for the couple of days after it clears up.   :bowler:
Can you stay away from a pub that long?
Quite easy nowadays with beer prices.  :(

I'm feeling human again, but I now know how I'm going to die, I'll get some auto-immune disease and be dead within 24 hours; my immune system seems to go into overdrive with few bugs I ever catch, everyone has been suffering from this flu-like/coughing bug for days, I get it last evening, I have to go to bed, burn up for 4-5 hours, spend the next 18 hours cooling down and now I'm feeling not too bad, just need to get some salts into me and rehydrate.
Don't you prefer cider?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2012, 04:10:22 PM
In terms of 'gross' burgers, I've had the baconator and didn't think it was really worth it.  Hardee's Monster Thickburger, OTOH  :mmm:

I had a rather tasty burger at a local joint tonight.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

So I'd really like if New York fined that group that does the Kony shit for littering. As I was walking home down Park, saw at least a hundred posted flyers about KONY 2012.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2012, 10:38:15 PM
So I'd really like if New York fined that group that does the Kony shit for littering. As I was walking home down Park, saw at least a hundred posted flyers about KONY 2012.

Probably cause the founder guy to go nuts and run around naked slapping the sidewalk in the middle of the afternoon.

Again.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2012, 07:02:24 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 19, 2012, 09:38:45 PM
At 9:30 pm they tell me I've got to come in at 8 a.m. tomorrow so that we can re-review 70,000 documents.  LOVELY.

On the plus side, that's easier and less eye-gouging than what I did all day today, which was redact the same fucking 1000 page spreadsheet four times.
Are you one of these people who's going to hate your job, no matter what it happens to be? :)

Nah, I don't hate it.  I just hate coming in at 8 when the rationale for coming in at 8 is to be at the meeting where I get what was explained to me the previous night, explained to me again in a group setting.

Right now, I love it, because apparently to meet a production deadline I get an extra $200 just for working 18 hours this weekend, which I was gonna do anyway.  Bumps my pay up to like $25 an hour.

I'm also crushing hard on this one girl there. :wub:  She's Vietnamese, and it turns out very pretty.  She's been there since I was, and I noticed her ages ago of course, but as a sort of footnote, but she got moved into QC yesterday and I've actually spoken to her and stuff now and seen her up close and she's, like, fucking gorgeous, like some kind of Zoupa girlfriend, with a great smile and voice.  She has this adorable little facial scar--point is, I've totally forgotten about the 90 pound redhead (Well, okay, no I've not*)--and I think she's kinda nice.  If I don't do something about this within 168 hours, you have my permission to mention it whenever I bitch about being unhappy.**

*Mirror, Mirror Cal, recall. :P
**No, Yi, I don't want to make it interesting. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on April 21, 2012, 12:46:18 AM
At 9:30 pm they tell me I've got to come in at 8 a.m. tomorrow so that we can re-review 70,000 documents.  LOVELY.

On the plus side, that's easier and less eye-gouging than what I did all day today, which was redact the same fucking 1000 page spreadsheet four times.
Are you one of these people who's going to hate your job, no matter what it happens to be? :)

Nah, I don't hate it.  I just hate coming in at 8 when the rationale for coming in at 8 is to be at the meeting where I get what was explained to me the previous night, explained to me again in a group setting.

Welcome to the real world of work :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: katmai on April 21, 2012, 12:48:38 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 21, 2012, 12:46:18 AM

Welcome to the real world of work :D

Like you'd know. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

I have to put up with such meetings even in my line of work.

Ideologue

Yeah but you guys are still up from your all-night coke jags.  Some of us get to bed at a decent hour, like three a.m.
Kinemalogue

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on April 21, 2012, 12:55:07 AM
Yeah but you guys are still up from your all-night coke jags.  Some of us get to bed at a decent hour, like three a.m.

Not my fault you can't hang.  :rolleyes:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2012, 04:10:22 PM
In terms of 'gross' burgers, I've had the baconator and didn't think it was really worth it. Hardee's Monster Thickburger, OTOH  :mmm:
:worthy:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2012, 08:01:30 PM
Don't you prefer cider?

What's the best cider in the Isles? I think I've tried Bulmers, Blackthorn, Strongbow...Druids...umm. Of those, I like Blackthorn best I think.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

What better way to cap off a straight eleven hour shift and fine Saturday night than walking home from a Wal-Mart when your ignition jams?  Nothing is finer in life than this, surely.

Could be worse, though.  It just started raining. :lol:
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

And the cat pissed on the bed while I was gone, because why not?  It's not like there aren't a thousand places that are easier and more convenient to clean and that I don't need to go to sleep on?

"Nitrogen trichloride... decomposes in light, and in water in 24 hours."  Well, that's good.  I probably should've looked that up first.
Kinemalogue

sbr

But how any other places could have pissed you off so much?  That is the real question.